Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Back to School Book Blogger Challenge: Day 2

Back to School Book Blogger Challenge
Want to join in the fun? Go over to Parajunkee and link up!

Todays question/activity:

If you were/are an English Teacher, share with us your dream lesson plan as far as reading assignments.

So, the more I think about it the more I am thinking you want like a list of books I would assign if I were a teacher (I’m guessing Harry Potter is going to be a big answer in that case, as it should be;)), however I’m going to go a different rout.

When I was in school I had an English teacher who made us act out a scene from whatever book we where studying at the time, not only that, we had to make the situation fit into our everyday lives. Now being a shy girl I did have a hard time being up in front of the class, but at the same time the books I studied in that class are still some of my favorites! I think it’s because I had to take the time to truly comprehend the story to turn it around into something I could act out in front of my classmates. If I where to ever become a teacher I would assign my students to do something along those lines.

Happy hopping
405963466341715050814

3 comments:

  1. I would hate that! I hated having to stand up in front of the class for anything let alone trying to act something out. LOL I'm just too chicken! But that is a great idea. :) I bet lots of people would have fun with it.

    Back To School
    Whitney@Shooting Stars Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a supply teacher a little bit into Macbeth that made us do similar things. We would have to stand in front of the class and wear crowns if we were royalty and have fake knives and stuff. It didn't work out because she kept interrupting us, but I can see how it could work. I enjoy presentations and acting so this would be up my alley.

    -P.E. @ The Sirenic Codex

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know it some cases that is an excellent idea. I wasn't until I saw Divergent that I truly understood how the factions were treating each other. For me seeing it on screen was reminiscent of stories I've read and seen about how the Nazis treated certain groups of people during WWII.

    Terri M.
    Second Run Reviews

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!