Monday, October 24, 2011

Review: A Soul To Steal by Rob Blackwell

A Soul To Steal

Description

You Are What You Fear

Something is stalking the citizens of Loudoun County, Va.

Is it the return of the notorious serial killer known as Lord Halloween? Or is it something worse—a figure that can cloak itself as your worst nightmare?

Kate and Quinn, two community journalists, rush to uncover the truth before a promised bloodbath on Halloween night.

The debut novel from award-winning journalist Rob Blackwell, A Soul to Steal balances suspense, horror, action and humor, building to a gripping and unforgettable conclusion. For readers who enjoy Stephen King, Neil Gaiman and Jim Butcher, A Soul to Steal is the perfect autumn novel. (Goodreads)

Book Details


Title: A Soul to Steal
Author: Rob Blackwell
Genre: mystery/thriller/paranormal
Publisher: Rob Blackwell
Release Date: August 29, 2011 
ASIN: B005JVEXX0
Source: Author

Review

Don’t make my mistake and read this alone after night fall. I got freaked out at every little noise I heard. Not that that made me stop reading, I couldn’t stop reading even when I got scared; I had to find out what was going to happen next. Mr. Blackwell had me on the edge of my seat throughout all of A Soul to Steal.

A Soul to Steal is about two journalists trying their best to hunt down a serial killer. I quickly became invested in the characters Quinn and Kate. Alone Quinn and Kate both have good careers and lives, but right from the start I know I want them to be together and I see that only if they stand as a team do they hold any hope against this serial killer. Kate has a secret from her past for wanting this monster dead that drives her to the point of not trusting others. It is crazy intense watching all this unfold and not being sure of who the killer is until the end.

It was hard for me to believe that A Soul to Steal is Rob Blackwell’s first novel. I loved how he took just a little bit of the Headless Horseman story and interwove it with his own to make this unique thriller. I think anyone could enjoy this book and it is perfect for this time of year. A Soul to Steal had me smiling one minute and scared of my own shadow the next. And let me tell you this I don’t know how long it will be before I will be able to open my front door to someone I don’t know again…what if they it's serial killer?

Happy Reading,

Loved it! I want to know about everything this author writes.

Recommended For
Older Teen and up: For language, violence, and one sex scene.

Come back tomorrow for a guest post by Rob Blackwell and giveaway of A Soul To Steal!

4 comments:

  1. lol , I don’t know how long it will be before I will be able to open my front door to someone I don’t know again…what if they it's serial killer?'' me?!

    great review. hoping to win this at a giveway

    ReplyDelete
  2. @roroomg! I will be rooting for you! It's so good:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like the perfect Halloween book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dana, it's so good! you have to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!