I was talking with author Elizabeth Hunter on Twitter a while back when I had reviewed her book A Hidden Earth, she asked What I thought of the bonus first chapter in the of the next book. I was a little embarrassed but I had to be honest that I hadn't read it yet because it went against my blog rules. As I was typing that to Elizabeth I was wondering, do other bloggers have rules? What is the biggest obstacle as a blogger?
My Blogging Rules:
- I have to write a review for the book I have read before I start the next book. Yes, I know there are people out there who can read 2 to 4 books at the same time…I would like to be that person, but I have to give each book all my reading/review attention then move on to the next.
- I do read all genres of books but I only review paranormal, fantasy, urban fantasy, and dystopian genres on the blog because they are my favorite and I want to make sure I give an honest review.
- I try to pick books that I think I will enjoy because I hate writing negative reviews, but I always want my opinion to be an honest one.
My Biggest Obstacles:
- The first I have about conquered, and that is my shyness. It kept me off Twitter way too long, and has kept me from asking publishers for books I wanted to review.
- My biggest obstacle is technology itself! When I told my husband and BFF that I had started a book blog their very first reaction was 0_0. Lets just say I have a reputation for not being the best with computers.
But, through blogging I am leaps and bounds better than I was…umm compared to most people that’s still not great, but I am trying to learn. I am excited to see how far I will go in this new year
So, do any of you have rules? And what are your biggest obstacles as a blogger?
Happy Blogging and Reading!