Friday, August 31, 2012

Review: Cinderella: The Graphic Novel by Beth Bracken, Illustrated by Jeffrey Stewart Timmins

Every now and then I come across a children's book that I just have to share. Cinderella: The Graphic Novel is one of those books.

  Cinderella: The Graphic Novel (Graphic Spin)

Title: Cinderella: The Graphic Novel
Author: Beth Bracken
Illustrator: Jeffrey Stewart Timmins
Paperback: 40 pages
Publisher: Stone Arch Books
Release Date: September 1, 2008
ISBN-10: 1434208605
ISBN-13: 978-1434208606
Source: Library
Goodreads   Amazon

Cinderella's wicked stepmother won't let her go to the ball. But with a little help from a Fairy Godmother, she'll be getting there in style. There's just one catch. At midnight, her magical gown will turn back into dirty old rags.(Goodreads)

Review

As you know I love to read fairy tales, the original and retold stories. Cinderella has always been one of my favorite stories. When I was at the library the other day with my girls, Cinderella: The Graphic Novel caught our eye.

Cinderella: The Graphic Novel is not quite the Disney version most people are used to. This version of the story was wonderful. The author, Beth Bracken went closer to the original version and put her own spin on it. 

What I love the most about this book is how well the artwork and story go together. The art in this graphic novel is wonderful! I love the style of it.

Illustrations by Jeffrey Stewart Timmins

If you are a fan of Cinderella and graphic novels this is a perfect fit. Bonus, at the back of the book there is a bit of Cinderella history that we all enjoyed reading. I have now read this with my children three times because they LOVE it! I will be purchasing it soon because I will eventually have to return it to the library.

Happy reading,
Signature

Totally stalking the author and illustrator when I get done with this review!
OK, I already have;)

Recommended For
EVERYONE 

2 comments:

Thanks so much for the comment love!