Sunday, May 19, 2013

Children’s Review: Where's My Mummy? by Carolyn Crimi, John Manders (Ill)

I know this is Riah’s day to do reviews but I just wanted to say a few words about this cute book. I have already read Where’s My Mummy five times to my three little ones and my middle little girl is reading it herself this morning. Once this one goes back to the library I am positive I will be ordering a copy for us have very soon after. 
Signature

Where's My Mummy?

Where’s My Mummy
Carolyn Crimi
Hardcover: 32 pages
Publisher: Candlewick 
ISBN-10: 0763643378
ISBN-13: 978-0763643379
Goodreads   Amazon
Source: Library

This gently spooky read-aloud treat is also a satisfying bedtime book — sure to delight the youngest reader on many a deep, dark night.

Little Baby Mummy wants just one more game of hide-and-shriek with Big Mama Mummy before bedtime. The night is deep and dark, full of friendly creatures that click their clacky teeth and whoosh past on flippy-floppy wings. But who will comfort Little Baby Mummy if a small, scritchy-scratchy someone gives him a scare? Big Mama Mummy, of course! Fresh, comical illustrations complement this ever-so-slightly suspenseful story with a satisfying ending.

What I thought about it

Where’s My Mummy is about Little Baby Mummy trying to find his Mama Mummy during a game of hide and shriek. While he is trying to find Mama Mummy he meets all kinds of monsters that tell him to go to bed because there are scary things out and about. It was cool to see every few pages what monster he would meet next while looking for his Mama Mummy.

Why I picked this book…

Actually my little sister picked it and I’m glad she did. Everyone loves it. I love it. So I hope you love it to.

20130519_080010

What I liked about this story…

I liked the illustrations. They where fun and colorful. I enjoyed all the different monsters in Where’s My Mummy, but my favorite monster is Mama Mummy. She is my favorite monster because she is a good Mama Mummy. I also liked how it could get spooky but you don’t get scared. Boo! Got you! Smile

Would I recommend other kids read this book?

Yes, to all kids. Where’s My Mummy is great for everyone.

Have fun reading,
coollogo_com-146983415
5 Moons: We all keep reading it!
 
Reviewer
riah
Come back next Sunday for more kids reviews from an eight year old.



3 comments:

  1. Aw, this sounds cute! Illustrations are a big part of what makes me pick up or put down a picture book, too. And to a lesser degree, middle grade books.

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! I can't wait to read this book with someone special! Two thumbs up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The art on this is really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!