Sunday, May 6, 2012

Blogging Rules: (Do you a Reread too?)

101_3136

As a book blogger I usually don’t have time to read a book more than once. I read, take notes, then write the review of what I’m reading, and proceed on to the next book. However when I get in a reading rut, and don’t really know what to read next, I have some go-to books that I do reread.

I do find that having books that I can go back to and read quickly helps me when I hear someone doesn’t care for or couldn’t finish a book I am about to review. It reminds me that there are people that didn’t like the book I am about to reread but I love it. So I can go into the new review book with a clean slate and my own opinion.

My question to you:

Do you reread books? If you do what are your go to books?

my answer:

I generally go back to the series I love especially if there is going to be a new book in the series coming out any time soon, and read one book from that series. This includes: The Kate Daniels series, the Psy-Changeling series, the Guild Hunter series, the Fever series, the Night Huntress series, the Elemental Mysteries series, and I do have some random older books that I love too like Beauty, and To Kill a Mockingbird.

Happy Blogging and Reading!
Signature

10 comments:

  1. I haven't reread any YET, but I save all the books I really like and would reread in the future! :)
    ~Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I generally stick with books I haven't read, but when it comes to rereads, I will go for books I haven't read for years. I restarted Megan McCafferty's Jessica Darling series since I originally read it when it first came out and couldn't remember everything. A few books I've been reading lately are ones I may end up rereading in a year or two. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do reread books. A lot. Usually when the mood strikes me or when the next sequel seems so far away or after I've just read the new sequel and don't want to leave that world yet. My go to authors are Anne Bishop, Christine Feehan, Ilona Andrews,Mercedes Lackey, Nora Roberts, Julia Quinn, Laurell K. Hamilton and Jim Butcher's Codex Alera to name but a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to re-read all the time. After all, my shelf space was limited... Then I had this spell where I started to read fanfiction in the computer, which cut back on my re-read time. Then, I got my e-reader and it has become, more or less, a thing of the past. There are books I wish to go back to, and I know I will in the future, but right now I'm always too busy trying to keep up with my self-imposed reading schedules to go back to old friends.

    Still, titles I have re-read to the point of exhaustion: Dune, Ender's Game, The Sundering. Titles I know I'll reread at some point: Froi of the Exiles, Prince of Thorns, Grave Mercy.

    Funny, none of those falls into my typical niche; all of them are my favorite stories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to re-read much more than I do now. But my favorite re-read books are Eat, Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand.

    Totally different from the YA I read all the time LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely reread but am finding I have less time for that now that I blog. Still - I try and hit one or two rereads a year. I'll reread almost anything that I enjoyed the first time around. I'm not picky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to reread a lot, but now I have so many new ones to read all the time I don't get chance to revist old favourites as often. That said, there are a number I really want to reread, so I will try to get to them soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually only re-read books that I loved .. I've actually read the Vampire Academy series three times !! Im planning to re-read Divergent, the Mortal Instruments series and the Fever series soon :)!!!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I'm a rereader. :D Right now I'm enjoying rereading Robert McCammon's works. No reading rut can stand up to McCammon. My newest addition to my go-to list is Patrick Ness's A Monster Calls. I've been really wanting to reread To Kill a Mockingbird lately.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I reread all the time. I reread Harry Potter, Twilight, and Pride and Prejudice every year. There are a handful of other books that I will reread every other year, or every few years depending on what I'm in the mood for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!