Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Poltergeeks by Sean Cummings

Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick this Week

Poltergeeks

Title: Poltergeeks
Author: Sean Cummings
Paperback: 416 pages
Publisher: Strange Chemistry
Release Date: October 2, 2012
ISBN-10: 1908844108
ISBN-13: 978-1908844101
Goodreads   Amazon

15-year-old Julie Richardson is about to learn that being the daughter of a witch isn't all it's cracked up to be. When she and her best friend, Marcus, witness an elderly lady jettisoned out the front door of her home, it's pretty obvious to Julie there's a supernatural connection.

In fact, there's a whisper of menace behind increasing levels of poltergeist activity all over town. After a large-scale paranormal assault on Julie's high school, her mother falls victim to the spell Endless Night. Now it's a race against time to find out who is responsible or Julie won't just lose her mother's soul, she'll lose her mother's life.(Goodreads)

Why I’m Waiting

First, I love the cover! All kinds of stuff floating around, I want to know why everything is bewitched and floating around. Second, the title totally made me smile:) Third, It has been a while since I have read anything with a poltergeist in it, just the idea of it has me intrigued.

Giveaways to enter


Are you excited about Poltergeeks?
What are you waiting on?
Signature

25 comments:

  1. This sounds awesome. Love that cover, too. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jennifer @ Dream Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks really good! I love her red hair! Great pick!

    your newest follower,
    Kristin

    My WOW: youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm. Sounds interesting. Haven't heard of this one before. A witch story mixed with ghosts? Awesome!

    Here's my WOW: http://dream-wish-live.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_15.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love witch books and poltergeist activity. Sounds fun. Thanks for visiting My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a solid YA – supernatural story – good pick!

    My WoW

    @TCAbn The Motley Chronicles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poltergeeks sounds like a book I haven't really tried before. I watched poltergeists activity once in YouTube and I'm definitely scared out of my wits! Will add this to my TBR! :D

    Care to stop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before, but it sounds really interesting! Good choice!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree the title made me smile, I snickered actually. Lol Great choice, seems like an interesting book :D

    My Wow

    Have a nice day! Happy REading :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to admit that I'm not a huge fan of this cover - all this green makes her look a bit ill. :D Nonetheless I really like the synopsis and the title (such a cute name!), so thanks a lot for sharing! :)

    Carina
    Fictional Distraction

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick Rebecca :) !! I hadn't heard of this one until now .. I really like the cover too !! I'm adding it to my Goodreads !

    ReplyDelete
  11. When I first saw this book I thought the title was AWESOME! Who doesn't love geeks?! And you're right, the cover is super catchy! I'll be looking out for this one, too! Great pick!!

    My WoW -Kristin @myparahangover

    pssst. new follower, your blog is beautiful :) But can you turn off your Captcha?? please?

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is new to me and it sounds really awesome. Thanks for sharing. :)

    New follower (:
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Like the cover for the book. Looks interesting and a little paranormal in there as well. Nice WOW choice. Come check out my WOW as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOoh nice! I think I heard Netgalley will be getting this soon. Unless they have it already. Not sure really!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I haven't heard of this one before, but it does sound very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a new one to me. Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing! :)

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't heard of this book before but it definitely sounds interesting! There a lot going on in the synopsis but I still can't figure out what exactly will go down in the book--which I love. I like books I can't easily guess!

    Here's my Waiting on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Different cover, sounds intriguing.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the cover too! Thanks for sharing this one..it was new to me. Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds interesting. With a bit of luck, it'll get a release on Kindle.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This book sounds really interesting!! I will be sure to check it out on goodreads :D

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. New linky follower, seen this one on net galley thanks for sharing. Follow link to see my WOW http://sonythebooklover.com/2012/05/waiting-on-wednesday-57/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hmmm, I don't really like the cover, actually. I do like the title and the synopsis sounds okay, so I think I'll keep it in mind :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the cover, too - and the title is awesome. Sounds really interesting, putting it on my TBR list now. Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!