Thursday, July 7, 2011

Review: My Life as a White Trash Zombie by Diana Rowland

My Life as A White Trash Zombie (White Trash Zombie, #1)

Description


Angel Crawford is a loser. Living with her alcoholic deadbeat dad in the swamps of southern Louisiana, she's a high school dropout with a pill habit and a criminal record who's been fired from more crap jobs than she can count. Now downward spiral her life has taken. That is, until the day she wakes up in the remembers being in an horrible car crash, anonymous letter telling her there's a job that it's an offer she doesn't dare refuse. a brand new addiction: an overpowering who decapitates his prey--just when she's hungriest Angel's going to have to grow up fast if she wants to keep this job and stay in one piece. Because if she doesn't, she's dead meat. Literally. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Genre: Paranormal Mystery, Zombies
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: DAW
Release Date: July 5, 2011
ISBN-10: 0756406757
ISBN-13: 978-0756406752
Source: Self Purchase

Author’s Website

 

 

Review

Let me start this review by saying that the cover of this book drew me to My Life as a White Trash Zombie like a zombie is drawn to a brain slushie! Yum…

Angel Crawford has been dubbed a loser all her life. So why should things be any different now? Oh yeah because she’s dead… Angel is such a fun, smart, sarcastic, and strong lead character. She has no idea how she became a Zombie, but she’s doing ok at it all things considered. I loved reading her inner dialog. One of my favorite Angel quotes after she has figured out she is a zombie: “Yeah, I’m a brain eater. A zombie…That’s not normal. I was never going to be normal again. Why the hell was I trying so hard.” Oh so true…Um not that I’m a brain eater I just think that’s great advice.

I was amazed at all the helpful information I received from reading My Life as a White Trash Zombie. 1)I now know for sure how to kill a zombie should the need ever arise. 2)I know how often I need to eat brains to keep myself looking lively. 3)Lastly, I know numerous storing techniques to keep my brain stash fresh…lol. Now I ask you what other read gives you all that? 

Overall I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The characters and world they live in were  enjoyable to read. This is a very fast paced mystery with great humor. I can’t wait to see what Diana Rowland writes next for Angel Crawford’s life.

Happy Reading,
Rebecca

4 moons

4 moons: I loved it. It's reread worthy.

Recommended For


Adults: For language, and violence ,and well if you can’t handle the eating of brains this just may not be for you Winking smile



      Last day to enter our GIVEAWAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!