Tuesday, December 24, 2013

The Magic of Christmas Past




Now that I am an adult and all the magic happens in books for me I love to watch my children at Christmas. Their since of wonder and excitement never ceases to amaze me. They are my favorite part of Christmas now.


What is you favorite childhood Christmas memory?

Mine was Christmas of second grade. I had asked for a horse all year long. Every time my mom or dad would ask me what I wanted Santa to bring me I would look at them and say “a horse!” (Yes, I totally believed in Santa.) Christmas morning came and I really believed when I walked into the living room my horse would be there standing beside the tree. I went into the living room and tried really hard to not be disappointed. My horse was not standing beside the tree.

We went about our regular ritual of opening our presents, I can remember being happy about a drawing set I received from my parents and was looking through it when my dad said “Rebecca, what is that in the tree?”

I took the note down from the tree and read it. It was from Santa! It said the horse was to big to leave in the living roomSmileMy horse’s name was Charley! I was told in the note that I could go see him later that afternoon. All I could do was yell “I got a horse” over and over again.

I don’t think Christmas is all about the presents. But, I believed in the magic that surrounds Christmas that year. To this day I have no idea how my parents afforded such a gift (we never had a lot of money) but they made magic happen for the animal fanatic little girl me.

Do you have a favorite Christmas memory from childhood?

Let me know below.

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.

Signature

2 comments:

  1. My favorite memory is my Sis and I making a pact that whoever woke up first would go down and scope out our presents..so fun! I hope you have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet y'all had a great time telling each other what you saw under the tree:)

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment love!