Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Waiting On Wednesday: Hollow City (Miss Peregrine #2) by Ransom Riggs

Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What I’m waiting on

Hollow City (Miss Peregrine, #2)
  • Hollow City
  • Ransom Riggs
  • Series: Miss Peregrine's Children
  • Hardcover: 400 pages
  • Publisher: Quirk Books
  • Release Date: January 14, 2014
 
Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children was the surprise best seller of 2011—an unprecedented mix of YA fantasy and vintage photography that enthralled readers and critics alike. Publishers Weekly called it “an enjoyable, eccentric read, distinguished by well-developed characters, a believable Welsh setting, and some very creepy monsters.”

This second novel begins in 1940, immediately after the first book ended. Having escaped Miss Peregrine’s island by the skin of their teeth, Jacob and his new friends must journey to London, the peculiar capital of the world. Along the way, they encounter new allies, a menagerie of peculiar animals, and other unexpected surprises.

Complete with dozens of newly discovered (and thoroughly mesmerizing) vintage photographs, this new adventure will delight readers of all ages.



What I’m thinking

I don’t think I can express just how excited I am about this sequel! I recently purchased Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children: The Graphic Novel to read as a refresher to get myself in the right mindset for Hollow City. Thankfully I don’t have that much longer to wait. If you are one of those who has not yet read Miss Peregrine go do it now!!!! You will not be disappointed.

Is Hollow City on your to read list?
Can’t wait to see what books you are wanting this week?
Signature

12 comments:

  1. I need to read the first book asap, it just seems so great. I hope you enjoy it. :)
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool pick. Just bought book one :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh nice! Seeing a lot of this one around lately! Hope you enjoy it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read the first book yet but I'm already excited for this one too lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've not any of Riggs' books - but woah, what a crazy cover. Totally goes along with the theme of the first one. Hope you enjoy! :)

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Super excited for this one as well. Can't believe it's been 2 years since first book.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I still haven't read the first book! I hope you enjoy reading this one! Thanks for stopping by My WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm intrigued by Miss Peregrine. First the cover looks so creepy, i also once made a mistake of browsing through it and saw the pictures inside (shiver) i don't think i'm brave enough to do that again. But on the other hand the reviews are so good about this series, it makes me wonder...
    Great pick! :)
    -Boyanna-

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to read book one but haven't yet. These look so good :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't read the first book either!
    Cool pick and thanks for sharing <33

    Our WoW
    Doris @ OABR

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!