Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Early Review: Seers by Heather Frost

Seers

Description


For Kate Bennet, surviving the car wreck that killed her parents means big changes and even bigger problems. As she begins to see auras and invisible people, Kate must learn to trust Patrick O'Donnell, a handsome Guardian, or risk her life being overrun with Demons. She soon realizes that both she and her heart are in big-time trouble. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: Seers
Author: Heather Frost
Genre: YA, Paranormal Romance
Hardcover: 304 pages
Publisher: Bonneville
Release Date: October 8, 2011
ISBN-10: 1599557924
ISBN-13: 978-1599557922
Source: NetGalley/ Publisher

 

 

Review


Seers took me by total surprise! I had been in a bit of a reading rut when I started Seers. You know what I’m talking about reading books that are OK but nothing that has you staying up into the night to finish. I happily had a late night date with Seers.

Though Kate has just been through a major life altering time of loosing both her parents, I felt that Heather Frost did a great job of stating situations and moving forward. There was never a cloud of depression and I always wanted to know what was going to happen next to Kate, especially after the Guardians got involved. Kate was such a strong, wonderful lead character. I loved her best friend Lee. Lee is an at-the-moment Goth, a pushes Kate were she needs to go, crazy antics, kind of friend. Kate and Lee balanced each other out. I could understand why Kate could not tell Lee things…But I so wanted Lee to know all her Seer stuff!

Oh the Guardians of the Seers… In a word: YUM. I loved all three we got to meet.  Patrick is all about the job, until Kate becomes his job. That throws him for a loop.  Toni, Patrick’s partner is a former thief, and quite the charmer. Then there is Jack, who just so happens to have a past with one of Kate’s family members. A very interesting past…Oh no you have to read the book to find out the rest of the story.

This was a fun YA read. Loved it!

Happy Reading,
Rebecca

5 moons
5 moons: I absolutely loved it, and will be looking into everything this author writes.

Recommended For

Teen and up: There is violence, and kissing.

**Seers Giveaway**


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! This book looks VERY interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, now I want to check this one out too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you review! This book sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with you about the reading rut. I am so there. Maybe I'll pick this one up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!