Monday, September 26, 2011

Review: The Shaman's Beacon by R.M. Brand

The Shaman's Beacon
Description

Linda Menendez vacations to Lander, Wyoming and meets Clayton McIntyre, a Texas cowboy who insists he’s a werewolf. He’s a shaman too, complete with a talisman. She ain’t buying it, until that woo-woo turns into whoa-whoa when she sees a wolf being skinned alive. And not just any old wolf, a werewolf. Despite the implications of that, she won’t sit idly by while their corpses are dumped around the small town in Wyoming she’s fallen in love with. She’ll fight back no matter what it takes, but Clayton doesn’t like that one bit. He’ll hog tie her to keep her safe. But then who will keep him safe?

Clayton recognizes his true mate, Linda, the moment they meet. The picture she carries around is him in wolf form, though she refuses to believe it. He mates with her, bonding her to him, and takes her on a shamanic journey to help her accept who she is and the truth about him. But Linda is one very stubborn woman, especially when she decides to take on the pack’s enemies, including a militia led by a fanatic half-blood intent on skinning weres into extinction. No matter how much Clayton tries to convince her that she can trust him, the woman keeps putting herself in harm’s way. If he can’t get her to slow down she’ll end up in the scrap pile right along with him. (Goodreads)


Book Details
Title: The Shaman’s Beacon
Author: R.M. Brand
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Publisher: Red Sage Publishing

Published: September 1, 2011

ISBN: 1603106642
Source: Author



Review

Most of you know I’m a sucker  for a good were or shifter story. Um, yeah my rating system is moons. When I got the review request for The Shaman’s Beacon and read the synopsis I jumped at the chance to read this paranormal romance.

I read The Shaman’s Beacon in one day. So obviously it’s a readable book but I have to be honest, there are certain things I look for in a were PNR. One of those things is an amazing male lead who will do anything for his mate. What I got in the The Shaman’s Beacon was Clayton. Clayton drove me crazy! He wanted Linda to change at every turn but he could barley budge an inch. He does not listen to her. He says he has known about her for almost all his life (granted that life has been extra long) but there are all these other women. I’m sorry, but if you’re going to continually throw in someone's face that werewolves mate for life and you say you have just been waiting on this mate to show up, then why make plans for future bootie calls? Made no since to me and did not make me like Clayton at all!

Linda on the other hand I loved. Linda was not a damsel in distress, she was incredibly strong and she got to kick some serious tail. Human and werewolf. I won’t give the book away but when a hero was needed it was Linda who stood and took the role and I loved that. With everything Linda goes through she discovers who she is and the kind of person she wants to be. If Brand does more in this world I hope to see more of Linda because she is amazing!

In the end Clayton does redeem himself. Is it enough? You will have to read the book to find out. I have to say I did enjoy reading this fast passed romance.

Happy Reading,
 
It's good. I had fun for the most part.

 

Recommended For

Adults: For language, violence and graphic sex scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!