Monday, September 19, 2011

Review: Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter #4) by Nalini Singh

Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)


Description
Trying to discover the identity of a murder victim brings together the vampire Dmitri and a hunter for the Guild, Honor. And as the gruesome murders continue, a lethal sensuality explodes between them. (Goodreads)
Book Details
Title: Archangel’s Blade
Author: Nalini Singh
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: Berkley
Release Date: September 6, 2011
ISBN-10: 0425243915
ISBN-13: 978-0425243916
Source: Self Purchase


Review
I’m a huge Nalini Singh fan and I love the Guild Hunter series. But to be honest I was worried when I found out the series was changing direction from being completely focused around Elena and Raphael. Then the cover was released and I didn’t like it near as much as the past in the series. I was starting to get really scared that this was going to be the first Singh book I didn’t like. Archangel’s Blade Is all about Dmitri (Raphael’s second) the first book that focuses on one of Raphael’s seven.  I am extremely happy to say I was wrong. I loved  Archangel’s Blade!

With everything I knew about Dmitri from previous books in the series I knew the role of his love interest would not be an easy one to fill. Honor is a strong hunter who has been completely broken. Watching Honor put herself back together was beautiful. There is one part of herself that she had no idea she had (I’m not going to give a big spoiler here) and it’s what will keep Honor and Dmitri together.  

I can’t say that before Archangel’s Blade I really loved or hated Dmitri, but now…oh Dmitri. I find myself again jealous of a woman in a book for having this fictional man that I know does not exist. I knew that he  was one thousand years old and that he has been Raphael’s friend all that time. I know that in all that time horrible things can happen to you,  still I was amazed at the heart ache he had lived through. I enjoyed how Nalini Singh told Dmitri’s back story just a little at a time throughout the book and not in big chunks I felt like it really set a great pace for the book.  

Throughout Archangel’s Blade we got to see Illium (Bluebell) and Venom, who are two of my favorite out of the seven. I loved their supporting rolls in this story and can’t wait to read each of theirs!

Happy Reading,
Loved it! I want to know about everything this author writes.


Recommended For
Adults: For language, violence, and graphic sex.


Other Books in this Series
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)Archangel's Consort  (Guild Hunter, #3)
Click on the covers to go to the Goodreads page.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this series. Dmitri was not my favorite, but I'm still totally invested. I'm not sure what's up next, but I'm looking forward to it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome review! So can't wait to read this one! Have it in my TBR pile and hope to get to it early next week! But I am so excited now after your review though!! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!