Monday, September 5, 2011

Review:One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress #6) by Jeaniene Frost

One Grave at a Time (Night Huntress, #6)

Description


The grave is one wrong step away.


Having narrowly averted an (under)world war, Cat Crawfield wants nothing more than a little downtime with her vampire husband, Bones. Unfortunately, her gift from New Orleans' voodoo queen just keeps on giving--leading to a personal favor that sends them into battle once again, this time against a villainous spirit.

Centuries ago, Heinrich Kramer was a witch hunter. Now, every All Hallows Eve, he takes physical form to torture innocent women before burning them alive. This year, however, a determined Cat and Bones must risk all to send him back to the other side of eternity--forever. But how do you kill a killer who's already long dead? (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: One Grave at a Time
Author: Jeaniene Frost
Genre:Urban Fantasy, PNR
Mass Market Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Avon
Published: August 30, 2011 
ISBN-10: 0061783196
ISBN-13: 978-0061783197
Source: Self Purchase


Review


Oh how I had missed Cat and Bones. One Grave at a Time starts out just after the end of book five. One Grave at a Time has a different feel to it than the other books in the series. As it’s dealing more with ghostly dilemmas other than vampire ones. 

Cat and Bones know their love for one another (finally) and it was nice to see how much they mean to each other even when someone isn’t focused on ripping them apart. There were some really touching scenes between them in this one (Yes there were one or two hot and steamy moments as well.) that was nice to see between Cat and Bones.

Now don’t get me wrong this is not some sweet little love fest. One Grave at a Time has a lot of action in it. Cat has to figure out how to destroy a ghost that can manifest into a physical form once a year to torture and kill women. Which she soon discovers is no easy task. A lot of the old gang is back to help in this adventure, along with some new faces. My favorite of all the side characters is Ian. Oh Ian, in a lot of ways I want Jeaniene Frost to give him his own book, but then would he still be the funny pervert that I loved if he he was committed to someone? I guess I will have to wait and see.

I really enjoyed One grave at a time. It did move just a bit slower than the previous books but I feel like the emotions were better expressed in it. Can’t wait for the next one!

Happy Reading,
Rebecca 

 4 moons 
4 moons: I loved it. It's reread worthy.

Recommended For

Adults: For language, violence, and sex.

Other Books in This Series

Halfway to the Grave (Night Hu...One Foot in the Grave (Night H...At Grave's End (Night Huntress...
Destined for an Early Grave (N...This Side of the Grave (Night...

3 comments:

  1. Awesome review! I plan to start this one soon. The holiday might delay me today, but I can't wait! Glad Ian's there! I LOVE him! I'm with you wanting him to have his own book, but then you do bring up a good point. He will eventually fall in love and will he lose his snarky and witty ways?

    Only time will tell I guess! Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review. I am always impressed with readers that can stick with a series this far in. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. I totally agree with all of it. Thanks for coming by to review and comment on my review.

    The Book Nympho

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!