Monday, November 14, 2011

I Went To YALL Fest



I live in the upstate of South Carolina and not that many book events come my way so when I found out about YALL Fest and how many awesome authors were going to be there I knew it would be worth the three hour drive to get there.

This was my first big book event and I had a blast! I drove down with my husband Richie (his blog), and our friend Cana (her blog). I, of course, forgot my camera:( Luckily Cana took some pictures and sent them to me:)

All the panels were held at The American Theater (pictured below)
100_0089

Every panel I went to was awesome. All of the authors were Informative and entertaining. On a personnel note it was inspiring to hear each author talk about their writing processes, what they do when they get stuck, that they get frustrated, and most of all that at times they all have those “I suck” moments. As someone who feels like she will never finish anything I really loved hearing that from the caliber of people I was listening to.

I did have one a big geek-out moment that I will share. I am a BIG fan of the Beautiful Creatures series and I had brought my copy of Beautiful Chaos to be signed by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. In between the first and second author panel Kami Garcia sat in front of us turned and smiled…y’all I froze up!!! I was like a shy twelve year old seeing Justin Bieber. I did manage a smile. My husband notices what an idiot I turned into and said “Do you want me to see if she will take a picture with you, or sign your book?” I was so flustered all I could manage out was a whispered “No! And if you embarrass me I will divorce you!” Thankfully, while he and Cana were trying to decide just how serious I was, the next panel started.

100_0080100_0088
Me with Margaret Stohl, Kami Garcia, and Victoria Schwab.

When I actually talked to any author’s or had books signed I seemed like the sane person I am 99.9% of the time. At least I hope I didWinking smile

Here are more pictures of YALL Fest:

100_0056
Blue Bicycle Books

100_0086
Sarah Rees Bennan, Caitlin Kittredge, Victoria Schwab, Kami Garcia

100_0107
Sarah Rees Bennan, Diana Peterfreund, Eliot Schrefer, Kimberly Derting, Beth Revis

100_2865
Swag and prizes I brought backSmile


          
I just want to thank all that made YALL Fest possible! This is one blogger that had an amazing time, and will definitely be attending next year!

Happy Reading,
 Signature

4 comments:

  1. Fun, fun! Don't feel too bad. I always freeze up too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I was shaking when I met Beth Revis, so I don't blame you for freezing up when you met Kami!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! I always get really awkward when I meet people I'm excited about, haha, but you don't seem like an awkward person so I'm sure you were fine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!