Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Band of Demons by Rob Blackwell

Band of Demons (The Sanheim Chronicles, Book Two)

Title: Band of Demons
Author: Rob Blackwell
Print Length: 358 pages
ASIN: B009KEXPJU
Source: Author
Goodreads   Amazon

The highly anticipated sequel to the Kindle bestseller A Soul to Steal
The past is always at your heels…

Quinn O’Brion and Kate Tassel, two community journalists, tapped into a dark power last Halloween in order to stop a vicious serial killer. But they are still grappling with their new abilities—and wondering if what they unleashed may soon consume them.

While they confront what they have become, a new threat is hunting them—a force that could destroy their whole town.

Band of Demons continues the epic story of The Sanheim Chronicles, a trilogy that blends mystery, suspense and urban fantasy.

Review

Rob Blackwell blew me away last year with his first novel in the Sanheim Chronicles series, A soul to Steal. I can remember reading A Soul to Steal late at night getting totally creeped out by every little noise I heard, but I just could not stop reading because I had to know how it was going to end. Then when I finished I knew I had to continue this series.

I was so excited when Rob contacted me about Band of Demons! As it got closer to the time I was going to start reading it I got the *oh know, what if it’s not as good as book one woes.* Does anyone else do that? Anyway I soon found out that I had no reason to worry.

What I loved:

OK, so for many of us who read all the time by about half way through the book you are reading you have a good idea of what is going to happen. Band of Demons kept me guessing! Especially in the case of the character, Kieran. Kieran drove me insane! (but in a good way) I could not decide if he was good or bad, and he really kept the story line going. I also loved the continuing growth of Kate and Quinn. These two are doing all they can to learn what is happening to them and how to use their new abilities, but they have the obstacle of not many ways to research.

Oh, have I mentioned how intense this was! Rob does an amazing job of building the story. I looked up at one point after I started reading and realized I was half done. Between the action and the (crap, what is going to happen next) suspense, I could not put it down.

This is the perfect Halloween read!!!

What I didn’t like:

The ending! No, I’m not saying the ending sucked. The ending was a little on the epic side, but HOW am I supposed to wait another year to see what happens next???

Happy Reading Everyone,
   

Put your kids to bed, sit down with their Halloween candy and read this series!

Recommended for:
Adults

Other Books in This Series
A Soul To Steal

1 comment:

  1. I highly recommend this story if you're a fan of Halloween stories and the headless horseman. It's a very quick read with good characters and plenty of plot twists. It's not as much of a mystery as "A Soul To Steal" but it's cool seeing Quinn and Kate start to fully utilize their powers. It's a great read and worth checking out.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!