Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Review: Blood and Moonlight by Moira Keith


Blood and Moonlight (Moonlight, Book 1)

Title: Blood and Moonlight
Series: Moonlight Trilogy, Book One
Author: Moira Keith

Genre: Urban Fantasy / Paranormal Romance
ISBN: 9781476298825
ASIN: B008XKUS9C
Number of pages: 270
Word Count: 92812
Source: Bewitching Book Tours
Goodreads   Amazon
 
Moonlight Trilogy Book One.

Though she shares the bloodlines of both Fae and Wolf, Kiara Morrigan O’Conaill refuses to claim her place in the Fae courts or submit to the animal within. Witnessing the murder of her Fae mother two years ago drives her back into those worlds, to search for answers and revenge.

Devlin McClure lives for one thing—the Pack. When their leader, the Cadeyrn, disappears, desperation sends Devlin to the last person he should be asking for help—the Cadeyrn’s estranged daughter, Kiara.

Kiara and Devlin are drawn to each other by fate and destined to embrace the very thing that threatens to rip their worlds apart. Now, Kiara will have to decide which is stronger, blood or moonlight?


Review

Y’all know how I love a good were story, well Blood and Moonlight is something I have not read before. A werewolf and Fae story… Am I the only one new to this type of paranormal intermingle???

What Blood and Moonlight had going for it:

What I really liked about Blood and Moonlight is that Keith took the time to develop her characters. I felt like the more I read I was sort of unwrapping a bit more of who each character was. Keith had a way of not just telling me of who a character is, but instead, slowly allowing me to learn a character through their past and also their present actions.

Kiara who is half wolf half fae has had an incredibly hard life. (The Fae and wolfs hate one another!) Even though Kiara has grown up around the beauty of the fae she has had to fight for her life just to stay around that beauty due to the wolf blood that is also a part of her. Because of the strife Kiara has had to endure throughout her life she has become a total badass, able to fight her way out of almost any situation. The chemistry between Kiara and Devlin (Hot wolf man!!!) is off the charts. I loved how much I was rooting for these two to get together, but I have to say all their different reasons for restraint got into the annoying category at times.

Just so you know:

For what ever reason… and maybe it had to do with giving so much backstory, or that there are a lot of characters in Blood and Moonlight, it has a bit of a slow start and there are a few lulls. Having said that once I was into the story I got totally invested and wanted to know what was next for each character.

Will I read the next book in the series?

Yes, I want to know what happens next in the lives of all the characters I met in Blood by Moonlight so I have to read the next in the series! If you are a lover of Urban Fantasy I say go snag you a copy and enjoy.

Happy reading,
Signature

     It's good. I had fun for the most part. 

Recommended For

Older teen and up: For violence, language, and sexual content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!