Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Parallel by Lauren Miller


Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
My Pick
 
Parallel

Release Date: May 14, 2013
 
Abby Barnes had a plan.  The Plan.  She’d go to Northwestern, major in journalism, and land a job at a national newspaper, all before she turned 22.  But one tiny choice - deciding to take a drama class her senior year of high school - changed all that.  Now, on the eve of her 18th birthday, Abby is stuck on a Hollywood movie set, wishing she could rewind her life.  
The next morning, she’s in a dorm room at Yale, with no memory of how she got there.  Overnight, it’s as if her past has been rewritten.
Abby soon discovers that this new reality is the result of a cosmic collision of parallel universes that has Abby living an alternate version of her life.  And not only that: Abby’s life changes every time her parallel self makes a new choice.  Meanwhile, her parallel is living out Abby’s senior year of high school and falling in love with someone Abby has never even met.
As she struggles to navigate her ever-shifting existence, forced to live out the consequences of a path she didn’t choose, Abby must let go of The Plan and learn to focus on the present, without losing sight of who she is, the boy who might just be her soulmate, and the destiny that’s finally in reach.
 
Goodreads   Amazon

 
Why I’m Waiting
 
The cover grabbed me first! I really enjoy the concept of figuring out how to live the decisions another you is making in an alternate universe. I think this could be AWESOME!


Are you excited about Parallel?!?!
What are you waiting on???
Signature

9 comments:

  1. I love alternate universes! I love the lifetime movies like this too where the girl finds out how her life would have been had she done things differently. Kind of like Pivot Point too!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh that looks interesting! Haven't heard of it before! Alternative universes can be pretty cool!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really interesting! Just added it to my TBR so I can check it out when it comes out.

    Here is my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pick! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. An intriguing cover and pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/11/waiting-on-wednesday_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. YESSSS. Parallel sounds good! I hope we both get our hands on it soon and love it :)

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  8. This cover really is amazing and I've been seeing this one a lot.

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've seen Parallel before and I think I have it on my to-read list. The summary sounds pretty interesting and I'd love to read the book when it comes out. Great pick! I hope you enjoy reading it!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!