Saturday, September 21, 2013

Book Shop Stop (Bookends)



Whenever I’m traveling I love to go to find local independent book shops in the area I’m in. This past week I was in North Myrtle Beach and had the opportunity to go in Bookends.

As I was at the shop I got to have a great conversation with one of the owners, Bev. Bev was so nice and took the time to tell me some great stories about some of the crazy questions customers will ask about book. She also helped Richie with some good book recommendations. I am sure after talking to Bev that if you go into Bookends with an idea of what you want you will not leave empty-handed.


20130911_141614
I loved their window dressing.


20130911_143623
As I walked into Bookends I could tell that the books in this shop where well organized by genre and author, and that they take advantage of every space they have without making it feel cluttered. 


20130911_14175620130911_143139
I really liked that this shop has South Carolina authors on display at the front of the store. I always enjoy finding new authors to enjoy.  They even had a section of Southern authors, which Richie really liked!

Something Super Awesome

I had no idea that Operation Paperback was even in existence before going to Bookends. Operation Paperback helps provide reading items for the men and women serving our country overseas! You can donate to this awesome cause right in the store. I liked that this shop has found a great way to support our troops.


20130911_152450
We came home with a little something for everyone. If you happen to be in the Myrtle Beach area and in need of a good read you should stop by this shop. We will be going back the next time we’re in town.

Go check them out!


Do you know of any amazing bookstores I don’t know about? If they have a website let me know about it in the comments:) I live in the upstate of SC, so if you know of any bookstore gems in my neck of the woods tell me about them and I will do my best to give them a visit.

Happy reading y’all
Signature

6 comments:

  1. I love to go to book shops when I'm on holiday. I'm also more emotionally attached to books I've purchased while out of town. It's part of the souvenir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love that souvenir books can take you back to your vacation.

      Delete
  2. Operation Paperback sounds like an awesome cause! I wonder if any in my neck of the woods participate. Looks like a lovely little shop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That bookstore looks so neat and organized! I love it. I wish we had an indie bookstore where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few near me but I love finding new book shops when I travel.

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment love!