Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Of Metal and Wishes by Sarah Fine


Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


What I’m Waiting On


Of Metal and Wishes



Of Metal and Wishes
Sarah Fine
Expected Release Date: August 5th 2014
Goodreads

There are whispers of a ghost in the slaughterhouse where sixteen-year-old Wen assists her father in his medical clinic—a ghost who grants wishes to those who need them most. When one of the Noor, men hired as cheap factory labor, humiliates Wen, she makes an impulsive wish of her own, and the Ghost grants it. Brutally.

Guilt-ridden, Wen befriends the Noor, including their outspoken leader, a young man named Melik. At the same time, she is lured by the mystery of the Ghost and learns he has been watching her … for a very long time.

As deadly accidents fuel tensions within the factory, Wen must confront her growing feelings for Melik, who is enraged at the sadistic factory bosses and the prejudice faced by his people at the hand of Wen’s, and her need to appease the Ghost, who is determined to protect her against any threat—real or imagined. She must decide whom she can trust, because as her heart is torn, the factory is exploding around her … and she might go down with it.

What I’m Thinking

The first thing that drew me into Of Metal and Wishes was the cover. I love this cover! Yes, I know I have seen a ton of beautiful girls on YA covers, but the opaque veil she is standing behind gives this a great since of mystery.

After reading the description I knew I wanted this bad. Hello, you can’t read the description without getting that awesome haunted gothic feeling… A slaughterhouse/ medical clinic, ghost that grant wishes!?!?! As if all that together isn’t enough to sound interesting there is going to be a relationship to build after an accident caused by said wish granting ghost… Oh I am all in on this one!

Happy Wednesday!
Signature

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like one scary book. Love it. I'll have to add it to my wishlist.

    Following you via GFC and Bloglovin'.

    Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to me but sounds good. Love the cover. Thanks for sharing :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/09/waiting-on-wednesday-65-second-chances.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O I totally would have passed based on the cover - not that it's a bad cover - but I totally did not get slaughterhouse ghosts out of it. So glad I read your description!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is AWESOME! can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't seen this one before but it sounds really interesting. I hope you enjoy reading it when it comes out. Great pick and thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!