Sunday, September 29, 2013

September Reads

September was a month of hits and misses for me.
If you want to go to the Goodreads page just click the cover image.

The Hits

Beauty Dates the Beast (Midnight Liaisons, #1)Desperately Seeking Shapeshifter (Midnight Liaisons, #2)Single Wolf Female (Midnight Liaisons, #2.6)Must Love Fangs (Midnight Liaisons, #3)
I found the Midnight Liaisons series while looking for a new shifter series one night. This is a fast paced paranormal romance series that was just what I needed. I read all of these in two days and they really did the trick of getting me out of my reading rut. If you are looking for something fun and fast try this series.


The Misses


Hope(less) (Judgement of the Six, #1)


Hope(less) was free on Amazon when I got it. I really just wanted to shake Gabby, the main character while reading this. I kept reading Hope(less) even though after a while I felt like the chapters where on repeat waiting for Gabby to ask the guy/wolf/mate the right questions so that all could go well in her world. Instead of that happening it takes her till the last few pages to ask if she can have Clay(wolf/mate) and the life she wants, and then the book ends on a cliffy.... I was excited about reading this because it got so many wonderful reviews and I love shifters more than any other supernatural. Maybe it is just me, but Hope(less) drove me nuts and I don't mean that in a good way.






Cupidity


I bought a copy of Cupidity while on vacation at the beach thinking it would be a quick fun beach read. I ended up not getting through this one I thought the premise sounded so fun! Greek gods taking part in modern day high school girls love life....

The Greek gods in this story are well, odd. They are gods yet they're super old and living in a retirement community. Then there is Cupid who turns into a girl to help the main character out with her love life. At times s/his interaction with students was a bit creepy.

Laura, the main character, wants to find love and is obsessed with greek mythology. Maybe all the reading Laura has done about mythical characters from the past is why she puts everyone in her school a sort of popularity cast system, and of course Laura is at the bottom. After making a plea to gods for a boyfriend Cupid comes to her aid. I really wanted this romcom to work, but I didn't find it romantic or all that funny.
I ended up DNF'ing this one it just was not for me.



Recommended watching

Whenever I’m sick I tend to watch Pride and Prejudice repeatedly or anime… Yes, I do know that is a huge gap. LOL
Anyway I was sick two weeks ago and became obsessed with a new anime series.


   
image from web

Say “I Love You.” Is awesome! If you have never watched anime or if you are looking for something you and like YA romance you should try this. You can go to Crunchyroll and watch for free and yes it’s a legal site.


What I’m reading now

Covet
I really want to love this but at the moment I am having a hard time getting through it. I don’t know if it’s just me, the subject matter, or the pacing. On The Island was one of my favorite reads of 2012 so I had high hopes for Covet. I hope it picks up soon.


That’s it for me this month.
Have you read something amazing lately?
Let me know in the comments.
Signature

4 comments:

  1. I hate it when a book is a waste of time. It has taken me a lot of years, but I know it when I see it now.

    Here's my It's Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did enjoy Covet but it's a slower, quiet kind of read. I think I was so prepared to hate it because of the subject matter that it only went uphill from there lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it! I never did get through it:(

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment love!