Thursday, September 29, 2011

Review Evermore (The Immortals #1) by Alyson Noel


Evermore (The Immortals, #1)

Description

Since a horrible accident claimed the lives of her family, sixteen-year-old Ever can see auras, hear people’s thoughts, and know a person’s life story by touch.   Going out of her way to shield herself from human contact to suppress her abilities has branded her as a freak at her new high school—but everything changes when she meets Damen Auguste . . .

Ever sees Damen and feels an instant recognition.  He is gorgeous, exotic and wealthy, and he holds many secrets.  Damen is able to make things appear and disappear, he always seems to know what she’s thinking—and he’s the only one who can silence the noise and the random energy in her head.  She doesn’t know who he really is—or what he is.  Damen equal parts light and darkness, and he belongs to an enchanted new world where no one ever dies. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: Evermore
Author: Alyson Noel
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Paperback: 320 pages
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin; 1 edition
Published: February 3, 2009
ISBN-10: 031253275X
ISBN-13: 978-0312532758
Source: Barrowed from sister.


Review

My little sister recommended this book to me telling me “ you have to read it.” I know a lot of other people love this series so I thought sure I’ll give it a try. As I read I couldn’t help but think more than once… have I read this before, even though I knew I hadn’t. Evermore follows the YA paranormal formula with a few twist. But I guess I should say that other books have followed Evermore considering it was published in 2009. If you're wondering, that is after Twilight.

Ever is a beautiful girl but she only has two friends because she’s scared to get close to anyone. When she touches anyone she sees what is really happening in their life. I actually liked Ever. Ever came across as a real teenager who’s still morning the loss of her family, well except for one member of her family. Ever’s  sister came back as a ghost after the car accident and as Ever can see ghosts, this works out great for Ever. Riley, Ever’s sister is my favorite character in Evermore. Riley lightens the mood and is the typical little sister with the exception of not being alive. I enjoyed the interaction and banter between Riley and Ever. I wish I could say the same about Ever’s friends or even her love interest.

Ever only has two friends and you know the old saying, "with friends like these who needs enemies?" Well that’s how I felt about them. They were so self absorbed they weren’t real friends at all.

This is normally the part of the review were I gush about the amazing male lead. The wonderful love interest that I am super jealous of. Let me tell you now I would never want anything to do with  Damen Auguste. Hot or not the immortal creeped me out. Even though I like Ever, I still think she is stupid for choosing to be with Damen. As an immortal, it’s hard to continue to love the same person for such a long time just ask Damen’s wife, oops you can’t. She’s dead. I wonder who killed her or why she died? I bet you can guess.

I really wanted to get into this series but it’s just not for me, but I can see how a lot of people eat this book up. I read Evermore in a day. I will not be reading the next in the series, though.       

Happy Reading,

It's OK, but I hope I didn't have to pay for it.

Recommended For
Teen: For kissing, talk of sex, some violence.

Other Books in this Series
Blue Moon (The Immortals, #2)Shadowland (The Immortals, #3)Dark Flame (The Immortals, #4)Night Star (The Immortals, #5)Everlasting (The Immortals, #6...

Spooking The Spine starts Friday with a Giveaway!   

2 comments:

  1. I loved Evermore can't wait to read the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sad for Ever. imagine what it would feel like to lose your parents, your little sister and your dog, but live? and being a FREAK at your high school? Um, well, it would SUCK! Riley is awesome though. but she isn't my favorite character. I so dont wanna be rude, but u are TOTALLY WRONG about Damen. I SO wish to have a boyfriend like HIM!!!!! Ever is TOTALLY SMART for having chosen Damen.

    I already read evermore, and im at the beginning of Blue Moon.

    have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!