Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review: Silver Shark by Ilona Andrews

Silver Shark (Kinsmen #2)

Description

Claire Shannon is a killer. She uses no weapons, only her mind.


Born on a planet locked in a long war, Claire is a psycher, a woman with the ability to attack minds and infiltrate a biological computer network where psychers battle to the death. But when the war abruptly ends, Claire must hide her psycher's ability to survive. She is deported to a new planet, a vivid beautiful place, where she meets Venturo Escana, a powerful psycher, whose presence overwhelms both her mind and her body.

She thought she had left war and death behind, but now she must fight for her new life and this battle might just cost her everything... (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: Silver Shark
Author: Ilona Andrews
Genre: Science Fiction
 eBook: 96 Pages 
Publisher: NYLA
Release Date: September 14, 2011
ASIN: B005N9FPOO
Source: Author

Review

Any of you that have been following my reviews for a while know that I love books from the Author duo that is Ilona Andrews. Let me tell you now that Silver Shark is no exception. And before you say “Oh, but it’s the second in the series, I can’t read it before I read the first.” let me set you at ease. Silver Shark easily stands on its own.Even if you’re not a big sci-fi fan there is still a big chance you will enjoy Silver Shark. I was immediately enveloped into this rich world that continuously grew around me as I read. Then there are the characters. 

Claire is this amazing woman that we get to see all sides of. At the beginning she is tough-as-nails military hard ass. Then the war is over and when she is deported to another planet she has to hide what she really is or be killed. I could since the fear and vulnerability in her and I felt for her. As part of Claire’s refugee agreement she must find employment. This is how she meets Venturo, and oh what a meeting. In all honesty I grinned through the whole meeting. Once you read it you will understand, the scene was fun, sad, and charming all at the same time. I loved Venturo. He is this strong, intimidating, and powerful psycher who will try to hide from his aunt at the drop of a hat to avoid going to some big family social thing.

The chemistry between Claire and Venturo was so good and amazingly unrushed. The more I think about Silver Shark the more I wonder how Andrews packed so much story into 96 pages, but it was all there and I enjoyed every moment. I can’t wait to visit this world again.

Happy Reading,

Loved it! I want to know about everything this author writes.

Recommended For
Adults: For sexual content and violence.

Other Books in this Series
 Silent Blade (Kinsmen #1)
Click cover image to go to Goodreads page.

       

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!