Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Waiting On Wednesday (16)

"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick This Week

The Calling (Darkness Rising, #2)

Description


Maya Delaney’s paw-print birthmark is the sign of what she truly is a skin-walker. She can run faster, climb higher, and see better than nearly anyone else. Experiencing intense connections with the animals that roam the woods outside her home, Maya knows it’s only a matter of time before she’s able to Shift and become one of them. And she believes there may be others in her small town with surprising talents.

Now, Maya and her friends have been forced to flee from their homes during a forest fire they suspect was deliberately set. Then they’re kidnapped, and after a chilling helicopter crash, they find themselves in the Vancouver Island wilderness with nothing but their extraordinary abilities to help them get back home. Plentiful action and romance in this second installment in the Darkness Rising series will keep readers enthralled to the very last page. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: The Calling
Author: Kelley Armstrong
Genre: YA, Paranormal
Hardcover: 336 pages
Publisher: HarperCollins
Release Date:April 10, 2012
ISBN-10: 0061797057
ISBN-13: 978-0061797057

Why I’m Waiting?


The wait for this one is so long but I want it so bad! I got hooked into this series before this series even existed believe it or not. There is a trilogy (Darkest Powers) that leads into the Darkness Rising trilogy that “The Calling” is a part of. Both series can be read separate and so far all the books in this world that Kelley Armstrong are writing are awesome. I can’t wait to get my hands on The Calling!

What are you waiting for?
~Rebecca

9 comments:

  1. So can't wait for this one either! I love anything Kelley Armstrong!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My "Waiting on Wednesday" is here:
    http://justanotherbookguy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love me some Kelley Armstrong. If you haven't read Patricia Brigg's Mercy Thompson series-- the main character is also a walker-- you should give it a try. Good stuff.

    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am also excited for this book, great pick!
    My waiting on Wednesday!
    http://cubicleblindness.blogspot.com/2011/09/waiting-on-wednesday-hosted-by-bending.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Kelly Armstrong! Thanks for coming by. I am liking Drink Slay Love. It is different.
    http://www.alaskanbookcafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this on my Wow a few weeks ago. This series is the only one I have read of Armstrong's but it won't be my last. Cannot wait to find out what happen to Maya next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. heard great things about Kelley's work!!

    Here's our WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just checked out The Summoning from the library but haven't started it yet. I didn't realize there was a whole other trilogy set in the same world! I thought it was one series.

    Here's my WOW: http://goldiloxandthethreeweres.blogspot.com/

    Goldilox :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of this trilogy before but it sounds awesome! Great pick!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    My Wow

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!