Thursday, August 16, 2012

I am in love!

I don’t know about the rest of you but this summer I have discovered I really enjoy audio books. However I do not enjoy the price of audio books. So let me tell you what I am in LOVE with…

My library! My library has an awesome selection of audio and eBooks. Here are some of the books I have recently checked out:

Lover Reborn (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #10)
I have been a BDB fan for some time and I actually listened to Lover Unleashed on audio as well. Lover Reborn has not been my favorite but I am still enjoying this series and am very excited about the next in the series.

When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1)
As some of you know I have been wanting to get more and more into contemporary. Someone had suggested When You Dare to me. Thanks to that person!!! I enjoyed this a lot. I think if you are a person who loves PNR and have been looking for a contemporary romance to read, you should try When You Dare. I hope to continue reading this series.
 
Submerged (Alaskan Courage, #1)
Goodreads
I generally steer clear of Christian Fiction at all cost, but when I started Submerged I didn’t know that it was CF. Having said that I found myself enjoying this as I was sucked into the story. Yes, there were some what I like to call after school special moments. But, by the time I was done listening to this I didn’t want to be done with theses characters and I was glad this is a series.
 
 Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1)Masquerade (Blue Bloods, #2)
Goodreads                                          Goodreads
I have wanted to read this series since last year when I met Melisa De La Cruz at YallFest. I am now on book three and still enjoying the series as a whole. I really liked Blue Bloods. I think Melissa’s take on vampires is very interesting and Blue Bloods was a great intro into the series. Masquerade I did not enjoy as much. It took me a while to get into it, I think the pacing was a lot different than Blue Bloods, but by the time it ended I was ready to see what was going to happen in the next book.
 
So, are you like me and totally in love with your library right now?

Or have you never even checked to see what your library has to offer online?

Let me know!!!
Signature












3 comments:

  1. Black Dagger Brotherhood FOREVER. I've read them all except for Tohr's book and I've decided that I want to start over and re-read them and THEN read Tohr's book. I don't own them so I'll be checking them out on my Kindle from the library system I use in another county.

    I have a separate library card other than the one in my county...my county has a horrible selection of audio (CD only, on Overdrive - doesn't work for me) and they don't check out to Kindles, which is what I have. So I went to a fairly large county and paid $25 to have a one-year membership to their library, which gives me all of the same rights their county members have. The draw for me is Kindle loans and Overdrive, which I BURN UP. Within the first time or two checking out from there, I had already made back my $25 yearly fee in the gas money I'd saved from driving across the county to the big library we have.

    Don't get me wrong - I still use my county system. I take my kids all the time and I use it for print copies. But I LOVE LOVE LOVE checking out books as ebooks and audiobooks - I just wouldn't have been able to do that in my own county...I had to go to the Raleigh/Wake County system to do it.

    Sidenote: I've also checked out Kindle children's books for my kids. They don't use my Kindle much but they think it is "cool." So it's a treat for them and it isn't costing me anything extra. :)

    I like this post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge fan of audio books but thank goodness for libraries that carry them because they ARE so expensive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. when I was working we could have headphones to listen to whatever and so a group of us would exchange audio books since reading time was hard to come by this worked out great, now I am at home chasing kids and headphones are out of the question but I am able to find the time to read now. So I loved them in the past and may in the future, right now audio books don't have much sway for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!