Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Haven by Carol Lynch Williams

Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
 
My Pick This Week
 
The Haven
Release Date: April 16th 2013

For the teens at The Haven, the outside world, just beyond the towering stone wall that surrounds the premises, is a dangerous unknown. It has always been this way, ever since the hospital was established in the year 2020. But The Haven is more than just a hospital; it is their home. It is all they know. Everything is strictly monitored: education, exercise, food, and rest. The rules must be followed to keep the children healthy, to help control the Disease that has cast them as Terminals, the Disease that claims limbs and lungs—and memories.

But Shiloh is different; she remembers everything. Gideon is different, too. He dreams of a cure, of rebellion against the status quo. What if everything they’ve been told is a lie? What if The Haven is not the safe place it claims to be? And what will happen if Shiloh starts asking dangerous questions?(Goodreads)

Goodreads  

Why I’m Waiting
 
I am in love with this creepy cover!!! I’m also very intrigued about this odd place these people are calling home. Why are they there???
 
Are you excited about The Haven?!?!
What are you waiting on???
 Signature










19 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of this one so thanks for sharing it.
    Here is My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh that looks interesting! Haven't heard of it before!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great pick! I am really eager to read this as well.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a really great cover, with the eerie building looming in the background. Sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've seen this before and thought it was super creepy, hopefully it will be!


    MY WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need this NOW. I love the cover too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm really looking forward to this one and I can't wait for it to come out. I've seen it around a lot and it sounds absolutely interesting! Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent Pick and one I'm actually eager to read as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i really liked waiting by her . hope u get it soon

    my wow

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw this one from another blogger's pick. It sounds really interesting though I haven't heard of the author, when everyone's like, she's great.
    Already on my tbr!
    Here's my Wednesday post. :)
    Have a great day and enjoy reading!
    *New follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book seems really creepy! It looks like the cover really reflects the tone of the book. I've not heard of this one before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This sounds very interesting, great pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday_29.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait to read this one! It sounds interesting and soooo good! Great pick! :D

    My WoW post! 

    Btw....I'm a new follower! :)

    ~ Maida @ Literary Love Affair

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the sounds of this one. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever
    http://booksliveforever.com/?p=3556

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the concept for this book! Very interesting..love your blog design btw..very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This sounds great and I just read my first book by Carol so I am keen to read more!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!