Monday, August 6, 2012

It’s Monday! What are you Reading? (6)

"It's Monday! What are you reading?" is a fun meme hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey. This is where we share the books we have read last week and our reading plans for this week.

What I read last week

I listened to:
When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1)
Click cover image to go to Goodreads page.

As some of you know I have been wanting to get more and more into contemporary. Someone had suggested When You Dare to me. Thanks to that person!!! I enjoyed this a lot. I think if you are a person who loves PNR and have been looking for a contemporary romance to read, you should try When You Dare.

Abandon (Abandon Trilogy, #1)
Click cover image to go to Goodreads page.

I will have the review for Abandon up this week. This was my first Meg Cabot and I was pleasantly surprised by it:)

I read:
Magic Bleeds (Kate Daniels, #4)
Click cover image to go to Goodreads page.

This was a reread to get me ready for Gunmetal Magic. I LOVE this series!!! Seriously if you have not read the Kate Daniels series you don’t know what you’re missing.

What I’m Reading this Week

Gunmetal Magic (Kate Daniels World, #1)
Click cover image to go to Goodreads page.

So far this is awesome! I hope to finish and have the review up soon.

The Last Policeman: A Novel
Click cover image to go to Goodreads page.

Let me just be honest, when I was first offered the chance to review this I passed because the title didn’t grab me… Sometimes I do stupid things. Then I watched the trailer for The Last Policeman and I had to have it.

I am so excited about reading this now!!!

Other News

Summer for me is coming to a close, so I will be back to having post on the daily. I am really excited to get back into blogging and visiting others blogs. I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

Can’t wait to hear of your plans for the week.
Happy Reading,
Signature

9 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I don't know what PNR means? I have heard of Meg Cabot though =)
    Enjoy your week!
    Here's my Monday post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abandon and Magic Bleeds sound good!! I will have to add them to my list to read! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Ilona Andrews' series too. Gunmetal Magic was great. I also really liked The Last Policeman. And Lori Foster is one of my favorite romantic suspense authors. My Monday Report is here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have owned Abandon for ages and I really need to read it. It looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any other Meg Cabot books, but I enjoyed Abandon. Very different but fun :)

    Happy reading this week!!!
    Check out what I'm reading and enter for a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh nice! I loved Abandon too! I thought it was yet another nice spin to the Hades and Persephone myth!

    My fave Meg Cabot series was her Mediator series! She wrote the first 4 books of the series under another name, but they were awesome! It was about a 16 year old girl who could see ghosts. And her new bedroom is haunted by a "hot cowboy ghost"!

    Here's my Monday Wrapup

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read Cabot's Princess Diaries series, but I haven't read any of her more recent books. I'm glad you enjoyed Abandon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had my eye on The Last Policeman for a while. I hope you enjoy it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!