Monday, January 28, 2013

Children's Review: Attack of the 50-Ft. Cupid by Jim Benton


Attack of the 50-Ft. Cupid (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #2)

Title: Attack of the 50Ft. Cupid
Author: Jim Benton
Reading level: Ages 7 and up
Paperback: 112 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Goodreads   Amazon
Source: My school library

Franny's mom says every mad scientist needs a lab assistant. So for Valentine's Day Franny gets just that -- a Lab assistant. Except Igor isn't a pure Lab. He's also part poodle, part Chihuahua, part beagle, part spaniel, part shepherd -- and all thumbs.
 
Franny is fuming. She doesn't even need an assistant. What's she supposed to do with a good-for-nothing one like Igor?
 
And things get even worse when a giant, fifty-foot, arrow-shooting cupid starts causing trouble all over town. Franny knows it's up to her -- and only her -- to save the day. Or is it?

 
What I thought about it
 
Why I picked this book…
 
I picked this book because my friends had told me that they all liked the Franny K. Stein series and I was excited to see we had this one in my school library.
 
What I like about the characters…
 
First, I really like Franny because because she is an evil scientist. But everything she creates ends up going wrong in some way it is a lot of fun to see how she gets out of trouble. I also like Franny’s assistant, Igor. Igor is funny, always in Franny’s way, and always getting into trouble.
 
My favorite part of the story…
 
My favorite part of the story was when Franny drew the cupid. Franny’s version was not the normal valentine cupid but her mad scientist one.  Her drawing was a goblin with wings that was naked (LOL) with a diaper on. I liked this so much because it was so funny, I am still laughing about it.
 
Will I continue reading this series?
 
Yes! I already have a different Franny K. Stein book that I got at the library that I am reading nowSmile
 
Have fun reading,
coollogo_com-146983415

I give this 5 moons because I enjoyed everything about the book.

Other Books in This Series
Lunch Walks Among Us (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #1)The Invisible Fran (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #3)The Fran That Time Forgot (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #4)
Frantastic Voyage (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #5)The Fran with Four Brains (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #6)The Frandidate (Franny K. Stein, Mad Scientist, #7)

Come back next week
20130124_163852
I will be back on Sunday, February 3rd to Review Hansel and Gretel The Graphic Novel.

5 comments:

  1. This is a great review :) Isn't my daughter amazing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved your review, Riah, and I ordered the book for my little girl. I can't wait to read it with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute, going to have to order these for my little girl.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love books that make me laugh long after I've finished it. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! :) The series looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!