Sunday, January 27, 2013

Review: Seal of Destiny by Traci Douglass


clip_image002

Seal Of Destiny
Seven Seals Series Book One
Traci Douglass

Genre: Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy
Publisher: Crimson Romance
Number of pages: 263
Word Count: 70,000
Goodreads   Amazon
Source: Bewitching Book Tours
Book Description:
 
Love conquers all… but can it stop the Apocalypse?
 
Mira Herald is having the worst life ever. Not only is she plagued by horrific nightmares starring the Devil himself, she’s now the target of a power-hungry, rogue minion, freshly sprung from Hell and bent on her destruction. To complicate matters further, she’s acquired a stalker. One who insists he’s a divine warrior sent for her protection because she houses an ancient relic with the power to unleash Armageddon. Last time Mira checked, she wasn’t insane. Still, all this celestial mayhem is enough to drive a girl crazy.
 
Kagan is a member of the Scion, an elite team of immortal warriors selected by Divinity to aid mankind and save the world. After a century alone, Kagan is summoned for a new mission. He’s eager to begin. Eager until he’s informed his mission consists of protecting a woman with no clue to the power she wields. Plus, his briefing fails to prepare him for his new target’s cosmic-sized attitude problem. As Divinity’s sworn servant, he’s required to fulfill his duty. His oath, however, does not require him to be enthusiastic about his new assignment or warm-and-fuzzy toward his new compatriot. He plans a wham-bam rescue and a quick return to solitude.
 
The rogue minion attacks—with the backing of a mysterious organization—and all Hades erupts, putting a fast end to any whirlwind escapes. Accustomed to staunch independence, Mira’s survival now requires full cooperation and an unwavering belief in Kagan. The battle-hardened warrior is also forced to chose: between duty and desire. Amidst the turmoil, Kagan and Mira’s undeniable passion draws them closer to each other and down a path neither expected but both yearn for, more than they ever knew.

Will love save the day? The world’s fate depends on the answer.


Review

Right after reading the description of Seal of Destiny I knew I wanted to read it. Y’all know how I love a way out there paranormal romance. I have read angel books, demon books, even books with God and the devil as buddies. This is my first with a Scion character which is a little different from all the above. I am still a little fuzzy on how the Scion came to be, but more on that a little later.

What set this story apart

I loved the way Douglass has taken something many people have at least heard about, the seals of the apocalypse, and built this story around them. At the same time Douglass has set this story totally apart from what is in Revelation. In Seal of Destiny each seal is bound to a human that has no idea the power they are carrying around inside them.

The relationship between the devil and Divinity was also sort of different. I would not say that they were friends but I did find it interesting that they got along as well as they did, and I’m looking forward to reading more of there story line throughout the series.

There was one snag in the story line that continually had me rolling my eyes. Throughout the book characters are taken down with someone bringing out a syringe to knock them out. It was almost every fight scene that this happened in. This may not even bother anyone else. but it got to be a bit bazar for me.

What I really liked

In most PNR you have your alpha male and damsel in distress. In Seal of Destiny you get your alpha male but you also get a strong, can-take-care-of-her-own-self-heroin. I really felt like the women held their own to the men in the story which you know I loved!

The Romance

The chemistry between Mira and Kagan was something I could feel. Kagan is the ultimate warrior protector, ready at a moments notice to do whatever is necessary to get the job done. Mira, though she does need protecting is no wilting flower, she is amazingly strong and for the most part can take care of herself. I liked both of their characters and rooted for both Kagan and Mira to be able to get through the horrific scars that continued to blister up from their past so that they could be together.

I found myself more than once having trouble focusing on Mira and Kagan because of Xander and Zoe, Kagan and Mira’s best friends, who had me more and more intrigued as the story went on.

Dear Traci Douglas, Will the next book focus on Xander and Zoe??? As I was reading through Seal of Destiny I was continually focused on them both and I need their back story, I need to know what Divinity means when she says they are “special”! If you can’t tell I am sort of going crazy not knowing what is next for Xander and Zoe. Oh, and just as a side note I totally love the way their names go together… I can see them written in hearts on a secret notebook… Not that I ever did anything like that.

Will I be continuing this series?

YES! I have to know what happens next with the Scion warriors. I want to know who the other seals are, and in what way the seal has affected their life. I hope to read the next installment in the series as soon as it comes out!           

Happy reading,
Signature

4Moons

Recommended For
Adults: For sex and violence

Take a look at the post below to read an excerpt!

2 comments:

  1. OK this I'd a weird comment but the tattoo on the cover is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!