Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Beauty by Nancy Ohlin


Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick

Beauty

Release Date: May 7th 2013

Looks to kill for...

Ana is nothing like her glamorous mother, Queen Veda, whose hair is black as ravens and whose lips are red as roses. Alas, Queen Veda loathes anyone whose beauty dares to rival her own—including her daughter.

And despite Ana’s attempts to be plain to earn her mother’s affection,
she’s sent away to the kingdom’s exclusive boarding school.

At the Academy, Ana is devastated when her only friend abandons her for the popular girls. Isolated and alone, Ana resolves to look like a true princess to earn the acceptance she desires.

But when she uncovers the dangerous secret that makes all of the girls at the Academy so gorgeous, just how far will Ana go to fit in?



Why I’m Waiting

First, I LOVE the cover!!! Second, this just sounds incredibly interesting and the description doesn’t give to much away, so I’m sort of dying to know what is going on with the story.

Happy Wednesday!
 Signature

14 comments:

  1. O.O This looks so interesting! I may just have to add it to my own list!

    Great pick this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love books that have fantasy or fairy tale themes, and I love books set at strange schools full of dangerous secrets. I hadn't heard of this before now, but I will be keeping an eye on it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Kathy,
    I Write, I Read, I Review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cover on this. I think it sounds amazing. Great pick..

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOoh that looks good!! I love fairy tale themed books!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just saw this on another wow post, and while I do love the cover, I'm not sure I like the whole boarding school theme--over it-- after HP.

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds interesting! Nice pick :)
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo....this is new to me, and I am adding it to my TBR immediately! Great pick this week!!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book looks phenomenal and has been on my TBR lit for awhile. The synopsis just sounds great!
    Come check out my wow!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the WoW mention for BEAUTY!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! I am so excited about it!!!

      Delete
  10. I saw this one this week and it sounds good. I hope you like it. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cover of this and I love fairy tale re tellings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!