Friday, August 5, 2011

Follow Friday (13)

Welcome to Follow Friday Hosted By Parajunkee.com and Alisoncanread.com


This weeks question:

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?).


To Kill a Mockingbird

I can’t tell you the first time I read it or even how many times I’ve reread To Kill A Mockingbird, but I can tell you that it was one of those books that was an actual life changer. I know on Bending The Spine you only see paranormal reviews. That is because in real life on a daily basis I try to help women with real horror stories piece their lives back together one step at a time. After a day in my office I don’t want to escape in a book that can be real. To Kill A Mockingbird was the first book I read when I was younger that made me understand one person can do a lot to affect others lives if you allow yourself to make the right choice. I love this book and can’t wait to share it with my daughters when their older.

Happy Friday Everyone,
Rebecca 

11 comments:

  1. I remember reading this one in 9th grade. Wasn't necessarily a fave of mine. A lot of the books I had to read weren't really faves for me. Of course at that time I was already too deep into the paranormal to want to enjoy a normal book!

    Here's my Friday Hops

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I read this in high school, but I don't think I was able to fully appreciate it at the time. I'd like to go back and reread some of these books sometime. I liked reading your post, I can tell you really love To Kill a Mockingbird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The perfect classic, couldn't agree more. <3

    Following back! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to read this is high school, but I could never get into it. I didn't make it past half-way. The movie wasn't have bad though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I started this in HS, but never finished...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, there! I'm a fairly new follower! I think your choice of a book for this question is a truly terrific one! I read this novel years ago, and also saw the Gregory Peck movie. This is a true masterpiece that exposes, in a wonderfully clever way, the evils of prejudice. Yes, this book is a life changer for sure!

    Now I'm feeling sort of guilty that I didn't pick it for my answer... I think I'll have to do a series of posts on my absolutely favorite books, because I can'r possibly fit them all in one post -- not with my tendency to write rather long posts! Lol.

    I have to put "To Kill a Mockingbird" back in my TBR pile, because it's due for another re-reading!

    Thanks for sharing, and have a GREAT weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A short P.S.

    Just to let you know...I tried to access your blog from Parajunkee's View, and the link doesn't work! Luckily, I have your button on my sidebar, so I was able to locate you that way.

    Be sure to double-check the link you put up on the list of blogs below Parajunkee's post!

    Have a GREAT weekend!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Maria, and let me know when you do those post I'm excited to read them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, following you back! I have only read To Kill a Mockingbird once and that was because I had to for a class in high school. It was not my thing. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so totally hate to admit this. But when we were 'forced' as I like to call it lol, to read this in high school. I totally didn't, I had a boyfriend in school that had read it and had him give me the lowdown lol

    What? I was in the middle of Interview with the Vampire for the first time. There were just some books you couldn't pull me from even if it was required reading LMAO!

    New follower, and thank you for stopping by and following my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!