Monday, August 1, 2011

Review: Voodoo Dues (Lian and Figg Book 1) by Stephany Simmons

Voodoo Dues (Lian and Figg Book 1)

Description


From the beginning of Figg’s employment, there is something not quite right about the bar. There are few customers, a parade of neighborhood psychics and pentacle adorned visitors, all coming to hold court with her enigmatic boss. Figg is not sure what is going on, but she is determined to find out!

When the local voodoo queen shows up, and the next morning her grandson ends up dead outside the bar things get interesting.

Figg pesters Lian into telling her the truth about his former life, and is thrust into a world where the things that go bump in the night are real. There’s a murder to solve, zombies to lay to rest and a villain that neither of them saw coming. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Genre: Urban Fantasy
Format: Kindle Edition
File Size: 556 KB 
ASIN: B005E8F77Y
Lending: Enabled
Source: Author


Review


When I pushed the button on my reader for the next page of Voodoo Dues and I realized it was over I literally screamed NO out loud. I was so not ready for the end of this story. I need more Stephany Simmons, and I need it now.

I loved Stephany Simmons’s ability create such amazing and realistic characters (minus the paranormal abilities). Figg (one of the main characters) is a no nonsense, bar tending, gun carrying kind of girl. Yeah, I wanted to be Figg in this book. I loved that Figg could keep up with everyone else even though she was coming into all this with no powers, and no previous knowledge of the Paranormal. Lian, Figg’s boss is a very straight laced man who is trying to escape the scares of his past. Lian and Figg worked off one another so well they had me in fits. But my favorite character was Carl. Honestly Carl and his spirit guide had me in stiches…so funny.

The antics that these characters were able to get into in just 106 pages was amazing. Then to find out at the end what it was really all about… fantastic. I will be honest I did not have huge expectations going into this and I was wonderfully surprised. I am ready to read more in this series.

Happy Reading,
Rebecca


5 moons
5 moons: I absolutely loved it, and will be looking into everything this author writes.

Recommended For

Adults: Some violence, language, one sexual encounter.

Other Books in this Series

Voodoo Dues Companion (Lian and Figg)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!