Thursday, August 4, 2011

Review: Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush, #1)

Description


For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along.
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Genre: YA, Paranormal
Hardcover: 400 pages
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Published: October 13, 2009
ISBN-10: 1416989412
ASIN: B0052HLAH8
Book source: Self purchase

Review


Ok so I’m not going to lie there are times when a book series comes out and if I think I will really like it, I just wait until the the last book is close to release to start reading the series. Does anyone else do that? Well that is what I have done with the Hush, Hush series.

I really enjoyed Hush, Hush. I love angel or demon books anyway, and I think this is my first YA fallen angel book. I was entertained from cover to cover, and  I loved Becca Fitzpatrick’s style of writing. I know that a lot of people compared this book to Twilight, I will admit there are some similarities, but other than the fact that the characters are in high school, and there was a relationship between a paranormal and a human I really didn’t get what all the hate was about.

What I love about reading YA is that some times it throws your back to that first “love” feeling, you know what I’m talking about. There is that guy you’re not suppose to like, but every time you look at him your head and stomach makes you feel crazy things and your mouth won’t say what you want it to. That is one of the few things I miss about being a teenager. Falling so freely and quickly in and out of love. Hush, Hush took me back to that and I had so much fun.

I could not get enough of Patch and Nora. Their chemistry was amazing. I found myself more than once smiling at their interactions. Nora is sweet and always does what is expected of her. (There is something else about her but I’m not telling). Patch is an ex-angel bad boy, that has more than one reason to get close to Nora.

My only let downs in Hush,Hush were: one, I figured out who the main villain was early on and two, Vee, Nora’s best friend. I am so thankful that in high school I had an awesome best friend that would not bail on me for a boy (yes, I’m singing your praises Kelly). I know at some point Vee may have been under some mind control, but she just got on my nerves!

Reading this book was a lot like getting on a ride at the fair. You have heard a lot of talk about the people that put the rides together and that the ride might not be that safe. Well I loved this one and I’m ready to get on the next.

Happy Reading,
Rebecca

       4 moons
4 moons: I loved it. It's reread worthy.

Recommended For

Teens and up: Some violence, sexual situations

Other Books In This Series


Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)Silence (Hush, Hush, #3)

5 comments:

  1. Yep, I also tend to wait when I believe I'll really enjoy the series. But sometimes I don't have the strength to keep from reading them!

    Thanks for the review! I have heard good and bad things about this, and I'm a bit scared about getting into angels and demons, but you make it sound very entertaining.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this series, can't wait to read Silence. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the chemistry between Nora and Patch was smokin' in this one. I didn't like the 2nd book very much, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See, people are claiming that Patch is abusive to Nora and that is why all these people hated on it. I personally have never read it, but its on the way to my library for me to read. I'm curious seeing as that everyone I follow and trust in the blogverse have liked this book and didn't see anything 'abusive' about the relationship.

    I'm reading an Angel book right now

    The Last Archangel by Michael D. Young super good! It is YA as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I will have to put that on my TBR list. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!