Monday, August 22, 2011

Review: Eye of the Tempest (Jane True #4) by Nicole Peeler

Eye of the Tempest (Jane True #4)

Description


Nothing says "home" like being attacked by humans with very large guns, as Jane and Anyan discover when they arrive in Rockabill. These are professionals, brought into kill, and they bring Anyan down before either Jane or the barghest can react. Seeing Anyan fall awakens a terrible power within Jane, and she nearly destroys herself taking out their attackers.

Jane wakes, weeks later, to discover that she's not the only thing that's been stirring. Something underneath Rockabill is coming to life: something ancient, something powerful, and something that just might destroy the world.

Jane and her friends must act, striking out on a quest that only Jane can finish. For whatever lurks beneath the Old Sow must be stopped...and Jane's just the halfling for the job. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: Eye of the Tempest
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Author: Nicole Peeler
Mass Market Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Orbit; 1 edition
Published: August 1, 2011 
ISBN-10: 0316128082
ISBN-13: 978-0316128087
Source: Self Purchase

Review


Let me start this review by saying I love the Jane True series.  It has been one of my favorite Urban Fantasy's since I stumbled across Tempest Rising about two years ago. This book was to me a big shift in the series. I know I normally don’t do spoilers but this review will have some… You have been warned Winking smile

For some reason I had a hard time getting into the first half of the book. What I think it finally came down to is the side characters that I’ve come to love just didn’t come across as real to me. They were very two-dimensional. This all changes around chapter fourteen… In walks Blondie!

I know a lot of people will probably dislike Blondie as she is the reason Anyan is not getting as much page time, but I absolutely love her. Blondie helps Jane on her quest. That’s right this UF goes total Fantasy with an epic quest that Jane must learn to do on her own. Jane learns a lot about herself. In the last three books Jane has relied on the help of her friends to get her out of bad situations, but in Eye of the Tempest I found out just how strong Jane truly is.

Now if you follow the series I know the question you’re asking. Did Jane’s libido finally get what it was after? Well… that’s one spoiler I’m not going to give. You will have to go read the book.

Happy Reading,
Rebecca

4 moons
4 moons: I loved it. It's reread worthy

Recommended For

Adults: For language, violence, a talking libido, and sexual encounters.

Other books in this series

Tempest Rising (Jane True, #1)Tracking the Tempest (Jane True, #2)Tempest's Legacy (Jane True, #3)

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely adore this series. This book has been sitting on my bedside table waiting for me to finish another. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!