Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (42)

Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick this Week!

Incarnation

Title: Incarnation
Author: Emma Cornwall
Paperback: 352 pages
Publisher: Gallery Books
Release Date: September 18, 2012
ISBN-10: 1439190356
ISBN-13: 978-1439190357
Goodreads   Amazon

In the steampunk world of Victorian London, Lucy Weston, a character in Dracula, seeks out Bram Stoker to discover why he lied about her in his popular novel.

With Stoker’s reluctant help, she tracks the creature who transformed her from the sensual underworld where humans vie to become vampires to a hidden cell beneath a temple to madness and finally into the glittering Crystal Palace where death reigns supreme. Haunted by fragmentary memories of her lost life and love, Lucy battles her thirst for blood as she struggles to stop a catastrophic war that will doom vampires and humans alike. Ultimately, she makes a choice that illuminates for her--and for us--the true nature of what it means to be human.(Goodreads)

Why I’m Waiting

Umm… I love steampunk! And this sounds so intriguing to me. I really like the idea of incorporating Bram Stoker into any new vamp book:) Yes, please!

Are you excited about Incarnation?
What are you waiting on?
Signature

14 comments:

  1. OOOh I like that cover!! Very awesome!!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love steampunk as well! I've not read Dracula before, but maybe I need to?? Nice pick, beautiful cover. Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed - with the steampunk angle and the Dracula twist, this sounds like a winner!

    Here's my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool cover! This sounds very promising!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the sound of this, but the covermodel reminds me of this actress.. erm, the one that plays Serena on Gossip Girl and I can't see that face anymore. XD XD

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read any steampunk type books yet!! The cover of this one is great!
    Hope you enjoy!!
    My WoW: http://bellesbookbag.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking to get into steampunk I really liked The Girl in the Steel Corset.

      Delete
  7. Rebecca, I have just added it to my want list!~! Hellz yeah vampire & steampunk humph but not till Sept! Great choice
    here is My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to pick this one up, it actually sounds like a great book! :D

    Here's My WoW

    Happy Reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Instantly adding to my to-read list. And the cover is interesting. I'll definitely need to pick this one up. Thanks for sharing!

    My WoW. Don't forget to check out my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't like steampunk that much but I love Dracula and books set in London so I really look forward to this one too :) Great pick Rebecca :) !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can I have this one? Pretty pretty please?

    Perhaps I've read enough dracula make-overs to finally get burned... But the truth is that I've yet to learn the lesson. I can't stay away from this. And, when it's steampunk? I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This cover is gorgeous. Hope you get it soon
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!