Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Waiting On Wednesday (43)


Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

My Pick this Week!

Splintered

Title: Splintered
Author: A.G. Howard
Publisher: Amulet Books
Release Date: January 1, 2013
ISBN-10: 1419704281
ISBN-13: 978-1419704284
Goodreads   Amazon

For sixteen years, Alyssa Gardner has lived with the stigma of being descended from Alice Liddell -- the real life inspiration for Lewis Carroll's famed novel, Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. But cruel jokes about dormice and tea parties can’t compare to the fact that Alyssa hears the whispers of bugs and flowers ... the same quirk which sent her mother to a mental institution years before.

When her mother takes a turn for the worse and the whispers grow too strong for Alyssa to bear, she seeks the origins of their family curse. A set of heirlooms and a moth tied to an unusual website lead Alyssa and her gorgeous best friend / secret crush, Jeb, down the rabbit hole into the real Wonderland, a place more twisted and eerie than Lewis Carroll ever let on.

There, creepy counterparts of the original fairytale crew reveal the purpose for Alyssa’s journey, and unless she fixes the things her great-great-great grandmother Alice put wrong, Wonderland will have her head.(Goodreads)

Why I’m Waiting

Um really, after seeing that cover and reading that blurb… Aren't you wanting this just as much as me? I hate the fact that I have to wait till January for this:(

I have always loved the story of Alice in wonderland! I have even read it with my children. I think incorporating this version of new with the original is going to be a lot of fun. I all kinds of want this now!!!

Are you excited about Splintered?
What are you waiting on?
Signature

31 comments:

  1. I've had my eye on this one for a while now. The cover is amazing and I love Alice in Wonderland. I can't wait to read it, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing this one! I love Alice in Wonderland and this sounds really awesome! Beautiful cover too :) Great pick this week.

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to this one too! It's such a great pick! Thanks for sharing and for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I'm so excited for this! I love Alice in Wonderland and I can't wait to read how it will twisted into this story.

    My WOW
    Traci @ The Reading Geek

    ReplyDelete
  5. A definitely new plot for me. Don't know how I really feel about it yet though. But I love the cover.

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally love Alice in Wonderland, so I'll have to add this one to my wishlist! Great choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awsome pick! I'm really looking forward to this. It sounds amazing.

    My WoW
    http://areaderintime.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover!! Hope you enjoy this book when you get it!!:)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG thank you so much for featurin this book on your blog Rebecca :) ! It sounds amazing .. I love everything Alice in Wonderland related !! The cover looks beyond gorgeous. I heard that there was another retelling of Alice in Wonderland coming out soon which is called Alice in Zombieland (if I'm not mistaken) and it sounds pretty great as well !! Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds like it is going to be so good! The cover is gorgeous as well. I can't wait to read this one. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohh I've been seeing this in a lot of YA blogs lately. It sounds very interesting! Great pick!

    Pam | jelly loves books

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cover looks so attractive in that weird kinda way. And this one sounds good too. Awesome pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES, this was my pick last week - I cannot WAIT for it! I am loving the dark spin and can't wait to see all the counterparts to the characters. Great choice!

    My WoW | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like an intriguing book :) I'll have to check it out when it publishes :D

    This is what I'm Waiting For...

    Have a great Wednesday !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I love the "Alice" retellings...and enjoyed Alice I Have Been. This one is definitely one I want to explore.

    Love that cover, too!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  16. OOoh I've seen this one! I like the cover, it's pretty interesting! Might have to read this one too! Sometime this century! Too many books, so little time!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good choice.. I like the cover.. She sort of reminds me of one of the Olsen twins... lol

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love the cover, the girl looks like some green forest fairy. :D Awesome choice!

    Aleksandra and her WoW

    ReplyDelete
  19. What's with all the Wonderland inspired books as of late? Alice in Zombieland, Alice in Deadland, now this one...BUT that doesn't mean I won't read it. I love the cover and concept, although I do think Wonderland was pretty creepy, even in the original story by Lewis Carroll!

    Check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have my eyes on this one for quite some time. It was one of my last WoW. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the cover. It freaks me out that I have to wait so long, haha.

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-11-lara-avery.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great minds truly think alike! Haha. So glad that you chose this, too, because c'mon!!! It's going to be AMAZING! :-) I am dying for January 2013 to come around just so I can get my grubbies on this.

    Thanks for stopping by BlookGirl earlier <333 Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. great cover. sounds like an awesome read. good choice. my wow http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday-13-smart-girls-get.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. When I saw this one, I just knew I had to read it. The wait until January is going to be long and hard, but I think it will be worth the wait. I also really love the cover! Great Pick!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for spotlighting my book today! You ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A great cover, enjoy!

      http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday_25.html

      Delete
    2. How could I not pick it?!?! It sounds and looks so awesome!!!

      Delete
  25. Oooh I absolutely love Alice in Wonderland so this book sounds so AMAZING. I can't believe it doesn't come out until January though, such a long wait!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This book sounds AMAZING!! I just heard about it today and I am so glad that I did :)

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This cover is to die for and the summary makes it sound really good! Thanks for sharing this one, I just added it to my goodreads list :)

    Check out my Waiting on Wednesday Post

    Happy Reading!
    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oooo this one looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Straight to me to be acquired list. I must have this book... The story is amazing, and the cover is gorgeous!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!