Thursday, December 20, 2012

Follow Friday (12-20-2012)



Welcome to Follow Me Friday Hosted By Parajunkee.com and Alisoncanread.com
 
Gain New Blog Followers
 
This weeks question:
 
What have you learned from book blogging that you didn't know before about the publishing industry?
 

My answer:
 
First, I had no idea how hard it could be to get your book published. After meeting so many authors, it’s crazy how many have the same story of being turned down many times before being published, or end up going the self-published rout.
 
Second, there are an AMAZING amount of awesome self-published books out there that deserve a read.
 
Third, Most authors are amazing and will actually talk to you… OK, so before blogging I would have never even thought to tweet any of my favorite authors. Now I do, and when certain ones reply I totally fangirl in the privacy of my home… and I may or may not save that tweet for a bitWinking smile   


Let me know if you’re a new follower so that I can follow back!



image
Just so you know if the world ends tomorrow… It has been fun y’allSmile

Happy Hopping,
Signature

15 comments:

  1. I would totally fangirl, too!!! You're not alone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Great F&F! New Follower.

    I have always wanted to write, but I don't know if I would want to get into those shark infested waters! You always hear about really great authors who have gotten turned down before their big break. I guess it's like the music industry that way lol. I am also a fangirl. I get so nervous talking to any author, but I think we forget they are super normal people.

    My Feature & Follow

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so true I didn't know it was so hard to get published that's why it amazes me when i read some rubbish books and wonder to myself jeez how did you manage to get this published. Old follower passing in through.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree on the self published books. Old follower PageGirlsPageofBookReviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've learned from the amazing authors too how grueling the publishing process and the prepublishing process, like getting an agent, can be too!

    Here's my Follow Friday

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good answer! It's definitely good to realize how hard it can be to publish a book.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great stuff to know, Becky. Happy end of the world to you too! :D Old follower here. Have a merry Christmas! :D

    My FF

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are a lot of publishers out there.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/feature-follow_21.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love what you said about twitter. i only got a twitter account when i started blogging, and the first time an author commented on my tweet. omg total fan girl! check out my FF *New Follower* ~ Katie @ Inkk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I completely agree that there are a lot of really great self-pub authors out there. I always get a thrill when an author replies to me too! Thanks for stopping by my FF. Following you back via GFC.
    Traci @ Mad Hatter Reads

    ReplyDelete
  11. I fangirl SO MUCH when an author replies to a tweet. I favorite the tweet and everything. :D New GFC follower!

    Here's my FF post

    ReplyDelete
  12. New follower.

    I haven't read any self-published authors. At least I don't think I have? ha ha! I might have to check out a few. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree, there are a lot of amazing indie and self-published authors out there. (Or maybe I'm just biased because I am one.)

    New follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm an aspiring author and am thinking of going the self-publishing route because there are things about my book I want to have full control over (like the cover). I know it's going to be a hard road. Well worth it, though :) and I totally fangirl when one of my author favs tweets me back, too lol :) Happy reading!

    Megan @ Megz Madd Readz

    following you through GFC :) Not quite new but not quite old lol

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have the same first answer and I totally agree with the latter ones too! Authors seem like such rockstars that it's kind of scary talking to them but when you actually do, you realize how sweet and nice they really are! :D

    Thanks for following! New follower.

    Louisse @ The Soul Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!