Sunday, December 16, 2012

Review: Exiled by M.R. Merrick

Exiled (The Protector, #1)

Title: Exiled
Author: M.R. Merrick
Paperback: 264 pages
Publisher: M.R. Merrick
Release Date: April 12, 2012 
ISBN-10: 0987726218
ISBN-13: 978-0987726216
Source: Author
Goodreads Amazon

Chase Williams is a demon hunter in the Circle, or at least he was supposed to be. On his fifteenth birthday, Chase stepped up to the altar to claim his elemental power, but it never came. Elemental magic is passed down to a hunter through the bloodline, but on Chase's birthday, the bloodline stopped.

Exiled without the Circle's protection, Chase has spent two years trying to survive a world riddled with half-demons and magic. When he has a run in with a frightened and seemingly innocent demon, he learns the Circle's agenda has changed: the Circle plans to unlock a portal and unleash pure-blood demons into the world. Vowing to stop them, and knowing he can't do it alone, Chase forms a reluctant alliance with Rayna — a sexy witch with an attitude and a secret.

In their attempt to stop them, Chase and Rayna find themselves in the middle of the Circle's plan, leaving one of them to decide what their friendship is worth, and the other's life depending on it.

Review

I tried to go into Exiled without any expectations… If you have been on Goodreads or many of the blogs that have already reviewed Exiled you know that reading this without expecting it to be good would be difficult. I can happily say that for me Exiled lived up to all the great reviews.

I am always looking for a character driven story and that is what I got out of Exiled. The main characters Chase and Rayna are so awesome. Each have had to deal with loss and hardship in their young lives that have turned them into incredibly strong people. Because of Chase and Rayna’s past they are both very stubborn, it was a lot of fun to watch them interact and see the undiscovered attraction that was obviously there… Even though neither would EVER admit to that. I am so excited to see how each of there characters grow throughout the series.

This is a true UF. The action was just, well…awesome!!! The secret world of people that live in the normal world around us was so interesting. I loved all the back story of why the Circle (The world/life Chase comes from) exists. All the history and setting of Exiled was incredible and very well thought out. Oh, I want to give a lot away right here but I wont… I will say I LOVE the trip Chase ends up taking and some of the demons he meets along the way.

I am so ready to continue in this series! If you like YA, adventure, fantasy, Character driven story lines, and worlds you can get lost in… Then GO READ THIS!

Happy Reading,
Signature

Awesome! Reread worthy.


Recommended For
Teen and up: For some language, violence, and death.


Other Books in this Series
Shift (The Protector, #2)Release (The Protector, #3)

4 comments:

  1. Love the sound of this book and I loved your review! I'm going to have to get my hand on a copy quick!
    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, I love when books stand up to their hype AND I love UF. I need to read this one! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!