Friday, November 8, 2013

Have you read Divergent by Veronica Roth?

Divergent (Divergent, #1)

In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago world, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue--Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is--she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself.

During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles alongside her fellow initiates to live out the choice they have made. Together they must undergo extreme physical tests of endurance and intense psychological simulations, some with devastating consequences. As initiation transforms them all, Tris must determine who her friends really are--and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes exasperating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers unrest and growing conflict that threaten to unravel her seemingly perfect society, Tris also learns that her secret might help her save the ones she loves . . . or it might destroy her.

Two days ago my best friend let me have it got on to me for not having read Divergent yet since the series is  now complete. After Kelly (My BFF) made sure she got through to me that Divergent was one of the best written YA series she had read in some time, especially the last book! *She knows how I felt about Mockingjay.* I let her know that I do plan on getting to it soon.

A few moments ago my husband asked if I had been on Facebook because Kelly had created a new Bitstrips with me in it. As you can see she does not think I am getting to Divergent fast enough.


Am I the last person out there that has not read this series?
If you have read the Divergent series what did you like most about it?
Maybe I will get to it before the movie comes out… If I love it like Kelly maybe there will even be a Giveaway.

Happy Reading,

8 comments:

  1. I thought I was the only one! You're not alone. I want to read. I'll get to it...eventually. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh so fun! I haven't read it but I have it, I think it's a good start lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes. You are the very last one. lol

    It was really good but Divergent was my favorite of the series.

    You didn't like Mockingjay? I hated it lol

    And I have no idea what a bitstrip is although this is the second time today I heard the term. I guess you make your own comic strip??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! It is a site to make your own comic staring you. Everyone I know is addicted to it. I have not done it yet myself because I have enough addictions at the moment. LOL
      http://www.bitstrips.com/

      Delete
  4. I read Divergent last week, right after I saw the official trailer. It was a really good book in my opinion. I think you definitely need to read it before the movie comes out. But no, you really are not alone, there are many others who haven't read it :P

    I love bitstrip by the way. It's really amusing and I try to stay away from it as much as possible because I really don't need to find new ways to procrastinate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I plan on reading it in the next two weeks:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!