Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Review: Archangel's Legion by Nalini Singh

Archangel's Legion (Guild Hunter, #6)
Archangel’s Legion
Nalini Singh
Series: Guild Hunter (Book 6)
Publisher: Jove
Release Date: October 29, 2013
Source: Self purchase.

Nalini Singh, the New York Times bestselling “alpha author of paranormal romance” (Booklist) returns to an immortal world of violent passion and lethal power…on the brink of a deadly archangelic war.

Angels are falling from the sky in New York, struck down by a vicious, unknown force.

Vampires are dying impossibly of disease.

Guild hunter Elena Deveraux and the Archangel Raphael must discover the source of the wave of death before it engulfs their city and their people, leaving New York a ruin and Raphael’s Tower under siege by enemy archangels.

Yet even as they fight desperately to save the city, an even darker force is stirring, its chill eyes trained on New York…and on Raphael. Rivers of crimson and nightmares given flesh, the world will never again be the same…


Review

Warning: This is a fangirls review of a book by her favorite author. If you are a fan of PNR and have not read Nalini Singh yet stop what you are doing and go get her Guild Hunter series. Then come back and we can have squealy discussions about how amazing all her characters are, and how each books progression builds so much of the world and storyline from one book to the next.

Elena and Raphael are the reason this series grabbed me when I started it a few years back. The romance between these two is so compelling and beautiful throughout all of Archangel's Legion.  I was so happy to see so much of their relationship exposed in Archangel’s Legion. Getting to see just how much love they both have for one another, how they show their love, and how Elena understands that her actions reflect on how others view Raphael’s power.

“You are my heart.” The amber in the ring she’d given him glowed pure and beautiful as he took her mouth, passionate and with as brilliant a heart as his warrior.

So much happened in Archangel’s Legion! As the world is rapidly changing all the archangels are gaining new powers. New lines of allegiances are formed as war between the most powerful beings on earth is coming to a head. I really liked how Singh made it evident that it is up to each individual as to if they allow their power to turn them evil (AKA ever loving crazy) or not. Seeing Raphael struggle with his changing power, and not just gain some new ability was refreshing as it’s not the norm in this genre.

Who I want to see more of in the books to come…

Elijah and Hannah: I have always liked the small glimpses of Elijah we have gotten in past books, I feel like he has always been on Raphael’s side. After getting a little more from this pair in Archangel’s Legion I would love to reads their story. I also like that Elena and Hannah are becoming friends.

Caliane: I feel like Caliane is starting to see that Elena is around for the long haul. It is obvious how much Caliane loves Raphael (her son) and wants him to do well. I am excited to see just how much power this ancient rally has after she gets everything settled from waking up.

Nassir: Um, lets just say this vamp/tiger has my attention. OMg! *fans self* Why is it always these type of characters that I want to pull through the pages and jump on top of… read more about.

Janiver and Ashwini: Get it on and make it official all ready. Your not even in the book much and you drove me crazy!!!

Illium and Aodhan: I have always LOVED Illium. I was so happy that Aodhan is healing and Illium is getting his friend back. Can’t wait to see who Nalini has in store for them both.

Who I want to be hit by a bus
(Not that it would kill them)

Jeffrey: Oh you poor soul. You have a horrible past… Suck it up and be a dad! I hate him just a little.

Michaela: She is getting so crazy that she is faking pregnancy now?!?! She is so evil I want her to become physically ugly to show how she really is.

Tasha: I don’t really hate Tasha’s character, but I don’t like anyone that tries to et between Elena and Raphael. I don’t care if you are old “friends” stay away.


Archangel’s Legion was full of action, romance, answers to questions, and more questions. This installment just made me hungry for more in this series. If by some chance Nalini Singh is still writing the Guild Hunter series twenty years from now I will still be eagerly reading it.

Happy Reading,
Signature
5 Moons

Other Books in this Series
Angels' Blood (Guild Hunter, #1)Archangel's Kiss (Guild Hunter, #2)Archangel's Consort  (Guild Hunter, #3)Archangel's Blade (Guild Hunter, #4)Archangel's Storm (Guild Hunter, #5)

2 comments:

  1. Ooh nice review!! Cannot wait to read this one myself! It's in the TBR pile but I am working on an ebook only challenge this month. So come December I plan on reading this one along with several other physical books I am dying to get to! Once again, great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I hope you enjoy AL as much as I did. I will have to keep a lookout for your review.

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment love!