Friday, November 1, 2013

Review: Daughter of Smoke & Bone and Days of Blood & Starlight by Laini Taylor

849011212812550
{Click the covers to go to the Goodreads pages}

So, pretty much, unless you’ve lived under a rock for the past couple years, everyone has heard of these books.  I had.  Rebecca had even downloaded the audiobook for Daughter of Smoke & Bone from Audible.  And, little did I realize how thankful I would be that she had.  I need to give you a little history:

We share an Audible account.  I had finished listening to a book I downloaded, and desperately needed anything but the radio to listen to.  I have the Audible app on my iPhone (which is amazing! get it if you don’t already), but you only have access to the books you’ve purchased from the website—you can’t buy and download right from the app.  Anywho, I downloaded the only book in there I was interested in (DoSB) and got to listening.

Fast-forward a couple weeks.  I had finished DoSB and was like “I might have the next book!”  Rebecca was all cool like saying, “Well, download it.  We have credits.”  And I’m all freaking out going “Book two is already out!?!?!?”

Fast-forward a couple more weeks (these books are long, y’all, and I listen a little over an hour a day during my round-trip commute) and I finished DoBS.

Y’all, I’m mad at everyone of you.  “Why are you mad at me?” you may be asking.  Here’s why: because no one, and I mean no one was adamant about how I must read these books.  I was crazy for not doing it sooner, although it’s good I waited because I got to get my Chimera-fix since DoBS was already released. 

These books are so full of sadness and loss.  Taylor is not shy about killing people off, and it seems the bloodier the better with her (sometimes it gave Game of Thrones a run for it’s money in bloodiness!).  There is some major heart-wrenching, gut-stabbing sadness.  And you’ll hate Taylor for it.  You’ll also love her so much during other times.  I feel in love with the mythology in book 1.  Taylor did an mind-blowing job at creating the worlds in which Karou lived.  I’m still processing book 2.  I don’t have words for how much love and hate I feel for it.

I feel like there is a little something for everyone: love, loss, war, blood, humor.  I think just about anyone could enjoy these.

My only issue is that I have to wait for Night of Cake & Puppets and Dreams of Gods & Monsters to release!!!

18360128Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3)
{Click covers to visit Goodreads pages}

Bending_The_Spine_Moon_RaterBending_The_Spine_Moon_RaterBending_The_Spine_Moon_RaterBending_The_Spine_Moon_RaterBending_The_Spine_Moon_Rater
5 Moons

textspace_1360373602_c671aff2(3)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!