Friday, January 17, 2014

Stacking The Shelves #33


Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a post for bloggers to share what books they've received to review, bought, won, borrowed or were gifted.
 

Question before the STS:
Just wondering, Do you prefer STS post with or without video? I was thinking about going back to doing videos to go with my STS post, but I’m not sure if they just get in the way of the books themselves. Any thoughts appreciatedSmile

 
What I got this week
 
For Review
The extraordinary journey that began in Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children continues as Jacob Portman and his newfound friends journey to London the peculiar capital of the world. But in this war-torn city, hideous surprises lurk around every corner. Like its predecessor, this second novel in the Peculiar Children series blends thrilling fantasy with never-before-published vintage photography to create a one-of-a-kind reacting experience. (Goodreads)
 

I think Richie is going to get to this before me, but I have flipped through it and read just a bit…. It looks like it is going to be just as amazing as the first in the series.
 

I purchased
20140117_202528
I had seen Half World in a book store a while back and thought it looked interesting. I was at Ollie’s tonight and saw it there for $3.99! I had to grab it. I hope it’s a fun read.
 

From the library
20140117_202444
The girls and I are reading this together now. So far The Unseen World of Poppy Malone A Gaggle of Goblins is a lot of fun.

Have you read any of the books above?
Can’t wait to see what you got!
Signature

22 comments:

  1. I prefer them without video. I prefer reading about a book instead of hearing about it. I just seem to absorb things better that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know! Thanks so much for your reply:)

      Delete
  2. I heard great things about the first series and I confess I'm curious but I didn't know the others. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I think you would like MPHfPC (The first book.) It is amazing!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Hollow City looks creepy!!!! happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Must read miss peregrines home for peculiar children, keep seeing hollow city everywhere!!

    Here is my STS: http://theirishbookworm.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/stacking-shelves-20-books.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm green with envy at Hollow City - hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoh nice! I keep seeing Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children! Hope you enjoy that one and the rest of your reads!

    My STS post will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been meaning to start the Miss Peregrine's Home series, but I just haven't gotten around to it. I've heard it's awesome!I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hollow City seems awesome, but I haven't started this series yet, so I wouldn't really know.

    Thanks for stopping by earlier :) Have a wonderful weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really want to check out the Miss Peregrine books :) I hear the first was really good! Great haul and happy reading!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My nephew is dying to read Hollow City. That's all he talks about lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just read Miss Peregrine's so I'm very excited to get Hollow City soon! Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are amazing, hope you enjoy them all!
    Have amazing weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen Hollow City EVERYWHERE and I still need to read the first book, because I've heard that it's insanely creepy and eerie. And to answer your "before the STS question," I like videos but I usually never get the chance to watch them, but if I know the blogger well then I usually try to make time to go through the video. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the input on my question! I hope you get to start Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children soon. It's awesome:)

      Delete
  14. I haven't read any of Miss Peregerine's yet, but I REALLY want to! I wish my library had them. Happy reading! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on getting Hollow City!! :) Hope you enjoy that one, and your other two books!!

    -Jess

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm excited that Hollow City is coming out, I just got book one. Enjoy it! My STS

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard a of mixed things about Miss Peregrine's, it's probably why I haven't gotten to it yet. I'm hoping to soon though, it does look good. I hope you enjoy all of your books. My STS :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks like you got a pretty amazing haul this week. Happy reading! :)

    Our STS
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!