Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Second Star by Alyssa B. Sheinmel

Bending_the_Spine_MeMe_WW
"Waiting On Wednesday” is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at “Breaking the Spine”, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

What I’m waiting on

Second Star
Second Star
Alyssa B. Sheinmel
Hardcover: 256 pages
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Release Date: May 13, 2014

A twisty story about love, loss, and lies, this contemporary ocean side adventure is tinged with a touch of dark magic as it follows seventeen-year-old Wendy Darling on a search for her missing surfer brothers. Wendy’s journey leads her to a mysterious hidden cove inhabited by a tribe of young renegade surfers, most of them runaways like her brothers. Wendy is instantly drawn to the cove’s charismatic leader, Pete, but her search also points her toward Pete's nemesis, the drug-dealing Jas. Enigmatic, dangerous, and handsome, Jas pulls Wendy in even as she's falling hard for Pete. A radical reinvention of a classic, Second Star is an irresistible summer romance about two young men who have yet to grow up--and the troubled beauty trapped between them.


Why I HATE waiting

I saw this on so many Stacking the Shelves post this weekend. Ok y’all I am going to be completely honest. I’m not sure if I am going to be amazed by this or not… But, Second Star is a Peter Pan retelling!!! I have to try it! If you know anything about me at all you know I LOVE fairy tell retelling. I really want to read this and see if it is worth the hype.
P.S. I really like this cover:)

Is Second Star on your to read list?
Can’t wait to see what books you are wanting this week?
Signature

12 comments:

  1. Sounds great!! Part of me wants Wendy to end up with Hook/Jas in this one :)
    Ninja Girl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second Star was my pick a few weeks ago and I am BEYOND jealous of everyone who got it but I'm so excited for reviews to start trickling in. Peter Pan has always been a favourite story of mine and I love retellings of any kind so i'm crossing my fingers it's amazing! Great choice!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. They have this over at edelweiss you need to request it ;)

    Check our WOW

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw those StS posts too and I am BEYOND envious of everyone who got an ARC! This is one of the books I am just dying to read because it's a retelling! Of Peter Pan! Great pick.

    Check out my WoW picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds like a clever re-telling of Peter Pan. Hopefully it is a good one. Nice pick! Here is my Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't really sound like my kind of read but I still hope you thoroughly enjoy it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love retellings but I'm still a little leery of Second Star since it is a contemporary. Still I'll probably end up giving this a go out of curiosity. Great pick!
    my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never read a Peter Pan retelling and I've not heard of this one before but it looks pretty good :) Great pick!

    Janina
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE retellings!! I haven't read a Peter Pan retelling yet but this one sounds really interesting!! I definitely need to get my hands on a copy when it comes out!! I added this one to my goodreads shelf! Thanks for sharing, Rebecca!! :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. Retellings are a tricky thing for me. Either I love them or hate them.... I know I saw it on a lot of peoples STS this weekend. Good WOW pick.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!