Friday, January 24, 2014

Stacking The Shelves #34

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a post for bloggers to share what books they've received to review, bought, won, borrowed or were gifted.

What I got this week

I won
20140124_192712
The Explorer

A tense, claustrophobic and gripping science fiction thriller from the author of The Testimony.

When journalist Cormac Easton is selected to document the first manned mission into deep space, he dreams of securing his place in history as one of humanity’s great explorers.

But in space, nothing goes according to plan.

The crew wake from hypersleep to discover their captain dead in his allegedly fail-proof safety pod. They mourn, and Cormac sends a beautifully written eulogy back to Earth. The word from ground control is unequivocal: no matter what happens, the mission must continue.

But as the body count begins to rise, Cormac finds himself alone and spiralling towards his own inevitable death … unless he can do something to stop it.
Thanks so much to Harper Voyager for this win! I am excited to read The Explorer. It has been a while since I have read anything with a space setting:)

That’s it for me this week due to the fact that I am rereading the Night Huntress series over the next few days. In case you some how are not in the know the last book in the series comes out Tuesday… Oh how I am going to miss Cat and Bones.

Can’t wait to see what you got this week!
Signature

9 comments:

  1. The Explorer is completely new to me. The synopsis sounds interesting.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know this one I confess but I hope you'll enjoy it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a win!! Hope you enjoy it! Congrats!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by then!

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard of this one before, but it sounds pretty interesting :) Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cover for it reminds me of movie Gravity that just came out. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one but it sounds great! I hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that sounds intense! I haven't read a lot of sci-fi...but I do enjoy it when I read it. :) Happy reading! My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of this but I love the cover and the premise sounds really great. I hope you enjoy it :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!