Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday The 13TH

When I was young my dad would have me watch scary movies with him, it was our “bonding time.” One of those movies was:

File:Friday the thirteenth movie poster.jpg 
Now being that this movie originally came out in 1980 and that is the year I was born, I was started out in horror movies early. I was also told that for whatever reason Friday the 13th was a scary day you were supposed to look out for it.

Do you have any Friday the 13th memories or superstitions? Do you plan on watching or reading anything spooky or scary in honor of today?

I think I may see if my husband will watch Friday The 13th (the original) with me tonight. Just for old times sakeSmile

Happy reading and watching,
Signature

7 comments:

  1. This is cool!

    Actually, while Friday 13th has gotten quite global, here in Spain the unlucky-evil day is Tuesday 13th... So no, no spooky traditions on my end.

    I'm planning to tackle the review of hell, though! (I swear, this book has plagued me for the last three weeks! I'm finally going to get its review done!)

    Hope you enjoy the movie!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ron Oh, I want to hear more about Tuesday the 13th! Can't wait to see what this review is. LOL

      Delete
    2. I had to look it up myself!

      The 13th is clearly the common element here - mostly because there were 13 guests to the Last Supper.

      We consider the unlucky day Tuesday since the Middle Ages, because it was the day Constantinople fell. It was already unlucky because it takes its name (in latin, spanish, french, and italian at least) from Marte, god of war - so it's all about destruction, war, blood... easy to consider it "unlucky" once coupled with the fact that the last remmants of the Roman Empire were gone on Tuesday.

      I'm a disaster offering explanations, but I hope that helped!

      Ron

      Delete
  2. I'm not a "scary movie" person. I scary very easily and have nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you believe I've never watched this movie? And it's not even because it would scare me. Tsk, tsk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This needs to be remedied! It's a total classic:)

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment love!