Thursday, January 5, 2012

Review: Incarnate by Jodi Meadows

Incarnate (Newsoul, #1)

Description

NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life. (Goodreads)

Book Details

Title: Incarnate
Author: Jodi Medows
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Release Date:  January 31, 2012 
ISBN-10: 0062060759
ISBN-13: 978-0062060754
Source: NetGalley/Publisher

Review

OK, get ready because this may get gushy. I thought when I saw the cover I wanted to read Incarnate. When I read the description I thought I would like it. I had no idea I would fall head over heals in love with it!!!

The fantasy world that Jodi Meadows has created for Incarnate made it move so fast. I loved discovering this scary/beautiful new world with its acid hurling dragons, and fire-by-touch slyph. Some type of danger just waiting to appear around every corner. But there is also an amazing library, and  wondrous Ball.  I could not put Incarnate down.

The stars of Incarnate are its characters. Characters that have been reincarnated for thousands of years. With the exception of one, Ana. I really appreciated how strong Ana was. Ana grows up being hated from birth by her mother. Even though she has been torn down her entire life she still goes after what she wants.

One of my favorite Ana lines:

“In the last two days I’ve been given a bad compass by my own mother so I’d go the wrong way, attacked by sylph twice, burned, and nearly drowned in a freezing lake.”

My next favorite character has to be Sam…OK, so right now Sam would be my book husband of choice! Sam is the whole package loyal to his friends (Who are all awesome by the way!), a musician, and he wants Ana to be happy, to feel like she matters.

Have I said yet that this is not an insta-love book!!! That’s right, the slow build between Ana and Sam is so sweet and wonderful that as I was reading I literally had a smile on my face from the beauty and realness of how their relationship unfolded through the book. Seriously! I want to go back to high school and draw little hearts with Sam + Ana in the middle of them. Yes, that is how much I loved this story!

There were a lot of twists and turns in Incarnate that I was not expecting, especially the ending. I was continually surprised by the story in very pleasant ways. I can’t wait to read what happens next in this series! Now I am off to go stalk Jodi MeadowsSmile Hope she doesn’t mind, cause I am in love with her book!!!

Happy Reading,
Signature 

Loved it! I want to know about everything this author writes.

Recommended For
Teen and up: For violence, language, and kissing.

8 comments:

  1. This world sounds so interesting! It must be difficult to balance characters who have been around for that long - more so if they know they have!

    And no insta-love! I've been bought!

    Besides, you've yet to lead me astray with your book suggestions so... Yep. Definitely going to add this one to my Wishlist.

    Thanks for the review!

    Ron @ Stories of my life

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! I can't wait to start this one. The no insa-love bit alone makes it an automatic 4-star at least! Haha. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been anxious to hear more about this one. Another yay from me for the no insta-love! :) I'm glad to hear it's a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eeeeeep LOVED IT!!! SERIOUSLY THIS BOOK IS AMAZING! I'm having a hard time finding much wrong with it, but believe me I tried!! Great review :)

    Anna @ Literary Exploration

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that the reviews for this are starting to come out -- I wasn't sure how much I wanted to read it - but with the reviews? I cannot wait!!

    I love the quote you posted about the compass, that had me both laughing and thinking about how my own mother would do something like that *lol* (Although my mom, by accident - not sure if that's the case in the book!)

    Thanks for the great review, I can't wait to read this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!! I'm sooooooooo glad to hear you enjoyed this one considering it is totally on my tbr list! Now I'm so much more excited to pick it up! Great review :)

    Happy Holidays!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely one of my favorite books. Period.

    ahem*Sam*ahem

    See what I did there?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review - thank you! This book is on my wishlist. I'll definitely get around to reading it once I lift my book buying ban :D

    "Have I said yet that this is not an insta-love book!!!"
    Yay! That's what we all love to hear!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!