Saturday, April 27, 2013

Stacking The Shelves #24

Stacking The Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews and is a post for bloggers to share what books they've received to review, bought, won, borrowed or were gifted.

New to Richard’s Shelf

I went to one of my favorite independent book stores, McDowell’s Emporium, to pick up a few books for Rebecca to give out on World Book Night and…they were having a bag/sidewalk sale!  Everything I could fit in a bag for $1!  What what!
 
Here’s what I got from the bag sale (all covers link to Goodreads):
The Christmas TrainJewel Bad Business (Spenser, #31)
 
I realize this is a random assortment of genres, but I was in that kinda mood.
Inside, they have a sale table, and these were on it…for $1.50 each:
2 Bodies For The Price Of 1 (Body Movers, #2)Blacklisted (Young Adult Alien Huntress, #2)
 
And for “regular” price:
The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1)
This edition has such a beautiful cover!  I was so excited to find it!  I was looking for a new series for Riah, and thought she might like this.  Rebecca has already started reading it to the girls!
 
I love a good used bookstore (McDowell’s also sells new books, but I didn’t even look at them!) and a good price on used books is even better!
 
textspace_1360373602_c671aff2(3)

New to my shelf

I only got one new book this week.
The Resurrectionist: The Lost Work of Dr. Spencer Black
Thanks so much to Quirk Books for sending me this review copy. I haven't read all the way through The Resurrectionist yet but I have flipped through its pages. Y’all this book is a piece of art! I can’t wait to really give it my attention.

I hope everyone has a great book week.
Signature

15 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of these before but hope you enjoy them all. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard or read any of these books yet, but I hope you enjoy every one of them :)
    Stacking the Shelves
    New Meme for Cover Lovers

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Christmas Train is such an awesome and beautiful story, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. A bunch of other books I had not heard of before as well. Enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOh nice hauls!! I haven't heard of any of these reads but hope you both enjoy what you got!

    My STS will be up tomorrow, so be sure to stop by!

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some really interesting looking books this week! I hope that you enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Black listed looks pretty good :) Hope you enjoy your reads! A lot of these are new to me.

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like David Baldacci's books but I haven't heard of that one! It's great finding books on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All of these books are new to me but they sound interesting!

    Happy reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't heard any of these titles, but Blacklisted looks interesting! Also, The Crimes of Charlotte Bronte.

    My STS: http://littlebookstar.wordpress.com/2013/04/26/stacking-the-shelves-1-birthday-edition/

    Leigh
    Little Book Star

    ReplyDelete
  10. I confess I haven't read any but I hope you'll like them all. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great deal. You did find a wide variety of books. Come and see what I got this week at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice additions! Enjoy them all! Here are my new books from this past week: http://www.bookclublibrarian.com/2013/04/sundays-weekly-book-recap-15.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What an awesome deal! :D I don't think I would have looked at the new books either. The Resurrectionist has me really interested....sounds like a dark book :)

    I'd love for you to stop by and check out my Stacking the Shelves post!
    http://justtryingtoletitbe.blogspot.ca/2013/04/stacking-shelves-2.html

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  14. Curious about the crimes of Charlotte Bronte!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!