Thursday, April 18, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Beauty by Robin McKinley

I don’t know if any other book bloggers do Throwback Thursday, so if you have seen others do this let me know. I am big on rereading books I have loved so I think I will start featuring some old favorites!


My pick this week:


Beauty: A Retelling of the Story of Beauty and the Beast






Beauty
Robin McKinley
Mass Market Paperback: 336 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
ISBN-10: 0060753102
ISBN-13: 978-0060753108
Goodreads   Amazon

A young woman, well educated and honourable, accepts responsibility for her father's act and leaves her family to enter the enchanted world of castle and Beast. The Beast she finds is not the one she imagined, but can she stay with him?


Why I picked Beauty

Beauty and The Beast is one of my all time favorite fairy tales! Robin McKinley’s Beauty is one version of Beauty and The Beast that I continue to go back to time and time again. I can’t even tell you how many times I have read this book over the years. You can read my review here. If you are looking for a wonderful retelling of Beauty and the Beast that is truly timeless try Beauty out.


Happy reading,

Signature

2 comments:

  1. I don't know why I still have never read a Robin McKinley book! I hear such good things, and I think I even had a copy of this one at one time. Definitely must try her sometime, thanks for the nudge. ;)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is by far my favorite by her. I hope you do try this one and enjoy:)

      Delete

Thanks so much for the comment love!