Friday, October 14, 2011

Review: Blood Eternal by Marie Treanor

To enter to win a copy of Blood Eternal leave a comment on Marie’s Guest Post:

Blood Eternal (Awakened by Blood, #3)

Description

Secrets don't disappear after seduction...


Elizabeth Silk is struggling to reconcile her passion for the vampire overlord Saloman and her allegiance to the vampire hunters. When a shocking vampire revolt calls Saloman away from her, she refuses to follow him.

To make matters worse, Saloman’s beloved cousin Luk has been found and awakened by one of his greatest enemies. Frenzied with bloodlust, Luk embarks on a killing spree and prepares to expose Saloman’s biggest vulnerability: Elizabeth.

But under Saloman’s regime, vampires have become less concerned with secrecy, no longer willing to hide their power. Rumors are swirling about attacks on humans. After Saloman joins forces with the vampire hunters to consolidate his power, Elizabeth begins to understand her role in the inevitable collision of the two worlds. She could bring resolution between vampires and humans—if she can manage to stay alive long enough to play both sides….

Book Details

Title: Blood Eternal
Author: Marie Treanor
Genre: Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy
Paperback: 368 pages
Publisher: Signet; Original edition (October 4, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0451234723
ISBN-13: 978-0451234728
Source: Bewitching Book Tours

Review

Let me first start by saying I am so sad that this is a trilogy. I am not ready to let these characters go! Dear Marie Treanor, is there any chance of a spinoff with any of the other characters?!? Like maybe John, Cyn,and Rudy? Oh and Dmitriu since you’re taking my sexy as sin Salomon away forever:( I have grown to love these characters and I am going to miss them.

In Blood Eternal, Elizabeth has decided to think for herself and stand by her man, er…vampire, you know what I mean. But just as she is about to leave to go to Salomon the hunters call on her for help. Dante has awakened the one vampire that can destroy Salomon. Dante drove me crazy throughout Blood Eternal. He reminded me of a toddler on a sugar high that needed a nap. But I guess that is fitting, he is a young power hungry vampire who wants to rule the world, that just so happens to have an insanely powerful vamp daddy for a sire.

Luk just made me sad. for one thing he is awakened by Dante…that is enough to make anyone insane, much less someone who was already crazy. Second he was ripped out of peace. When I go, that is the one thing I hope for and I sure would hate someone taking me away from the bliss of peace after hundreds of years to come back to this earth. I couldn’t even really hate him when he was all “I’m going to destroy you” to Salomon because I just felt bad for the guy/vamp.

I seriously liked that Marie wove in the storyline of the vampires are wanting to make their presence known. It gave me a chance to see some of the characters I wanted to get to know better in the last book Cyn and Rudy who are rouge vampire hunters and also John who was rescued by Salomon in the war in a round about way. These three have banded together to see what they can do with their special abilities and to join in whatever fight they’re needed in…as long as it’s the right one. I felt that you see in them what the future could be in this world.

Best of all is Salomon and Elizabeth. I said above that Elizabeth had decided to choose Salomon above all else. This is a big deal for her since the hunters have become her family in a lot of ways and she doesn’t want to loose them, but Salomon means more than even that. I think more than any other character Salomon’s growth is so evident in Blood Eternal. He finally opens up and realizes that even for someone that has lived for as many lives as he has, love can be more than “For this moment, this night,” and he can share his life with Elizabeth. I loved more than anything watching them as a couple figure life out.

If you enjoy vampire books, paranormal romance, or urban fantasy with romance thrown in I think you will like these I know I did.

Happy Reading,

Awesome! Reread worthy.

Recommended For
Adults: For language, violence, and sex

Other Books In This Series

 Blood on Silk (Awakened by Blood, #1)   Blood Sin (Awakened by Blood, #2)    



     Bewitching_banner

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for another lovely review, Rebecca! I'm really delighted you had such fun with these - after all I had a lot of fun writing them :). Many thanks!

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for the comment love!