Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: Bound by Blood by P.A. Lupton

Bound by Blood (The Garner Witch #1)

Description

FBI agent and psychic, Brianna Reece, descends from an ancient and powerful bloodline of witches, only she doesn’t know it. But now that legacy has come back to bite her—literally. In the shadows of night in Denver Colorado, a serial killer is hunting women, and FBI agent Brianna Reece is hunting the killer. Unlike any case she’s worked before, Brianna can’t ignore the prickling at the back of her neck when she glimpses the resemblance she shares with the victims. The investigation begins to touch even closer to home when it is revealed that all of the victims were also psychic. Complicating matters further, Brianna is captivated by the FBI’s prime suspect Nathan Donovan. Though she senses he is hiding something from her, the attraction she feels for him is compelling, and unlike anything she’s ever experienced. Through a chance twist of fate, Nathan learns of Brianna’s ancestry and is forced to divulge secrets to Brianna that will change her life forever. When she learns that the killer is an evil vampire, and he’s now set his sights on her, Nathan alone holds the key to awakening her dormant powers. Now he must race to teach her how to control her emergent gifts before she becomes the next victim.

Book Details

Title: Bound by Blood
Author: P.A. Lupton
Genre: Paranormal Romance/ Urban Fantasy/ Mystery
Paperback: 360 pages
Publisher: Self Published (July 21, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0987749307
ISBN-13: 978-0987749307
Source: Author


Review

When P.A. Lupton sent me a review request to read her debut novel  I read the description and thought “oh this might be pretty good”. Yes, that was a huge understatement, I loved Bound by Blood! The way that P. A. Lupton took urban fantasy, paranormal romance, and murder mystery and melded them to make the unexpected wonderful that is Bound by Blood blew me away!

I can’t tell you exactly what it is but I love the way P.A. Lupton writes and develops her characters. I fell for them all, let me start with Brianna Reece. Brianna is an FBI agent who just so happens to be an empath, which works out great in her job when she needs to feel out peoples emotions. Brianna’s character was the kind of woman I dreamed of becoming when I was younger. She is this incredibly strong, independent woman who has no problem holding her own against anyone man or woman. Her only flaws being having a bit of a temper and, well, she can be a little stubborn. The temper is how she got an early and quite funny meeting with her new partner Morrison. Morrison is hot and he knows it. I didn’t know at first if I was going to like his character but that quickly changed. I found out there are a lot of reasons to act like a macho jerk.

As Morrison and Brianna are working to solve a serial case, they go to investigate Nathan Donovan. I don’t know that I was breathing for some of the scenes he was in…yep that good. I don’t want to give to much away about his character but my goodness there were times when Nathan and Brianna were together and I was surprised my reader wasn’t melting in my hands;)

When paranormal is your genre of choice it’s nice to be surprised every now and then. Toward the end of the book there was going to be a meeting with “The three elders”, and I thought “oh no you are not going to go all Twilight on me now are you?” Well I am not telling what happened but it was a total curve ball. Bound by Blood is about vampires and witches, but I found it fresh. The world building was awesome! P.A. Lupton has a very descriptive way of writing that brings you right into the scene. Bound by Blood had me staying up late and biting my nails. I am so excited for the next in this series!!!      

Happy Reading,

Loved it! I want to know about everything this author writes.

Recommended For

Adults: For violence and graphic sex.

*P.A. Lupton will be by the blog tomorrow with a guest post and giveaway!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for the comment love!